Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Detny is offline Bronze level (10+ posts)

Default Help! Best stroller for airplane travel???

DD is 6 months old, and we will be doing some traveling every month for at least the next few months (via plane). We have an Uppababy Vista and love it, but fear it's too big to travel with. Looking for something that will easily get thru the airport and be gate checked, and then use for little outings at our destination (shopping malls, maybe some small-town sidewalk use, maybe some museum use). Would love a good size basket. DH and I are tall -- 5'7" and 6''4". I guess I want recline so DD can nap.

I don't really know what features I *should* be looking for. Any advice is welcome! I really love the push and turn radius of the Vista...

Thanks in advance!!!

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Mac Quest!
    /hillary
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

jacksmoma is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

i love my bj city mini and think it would be GREAT for travel as it's only 16lbs and still has tons tons tons of features you don't want to ever be without (huge canopy, flat recline, windows, EASY fold, compact and easy to turn, TONS of storage..) you just won't get 99% of those features with a mac...

mecawa is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Mac Quest or Triumph, for a 6 month old preferably the Quest. I have a Triumph and BJCM and the Triumph wins hands down when it comes to travel. For a 6 month old get the Quest.

sadie427 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Love our BJCM but agree a Mac of some sort would be better specifically for travel, because of the umbrella fold. Especially if you might use public transportation at your destination--the BJCM is pretty bulky for a bus or train. We have a volo as our travel stroller--does not recline, but we wanted the lightest one possible.
    ------
    S.

DS 2003
    DS 2009

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mecawa View Post
    Mac Quest or Triumph, for a 6 month old preferably the Quest. I have a Triumph and BJCM and the Triumph wins hands down when it comes to travel. For a 6 month old get the Quest.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

lorinick is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Love the mac Quest and used it for 27mts. But have started using the BJCM. Since my son gets in and out of the stroller. I'm so tired of the stroller tipping over. And hated the cover that needed to be used for the recall. For the your childs age the stroller is great.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I would say the Triumph or a Quest, or who knows even a Techno. We bought our Triumph when DD was almost 4 mos. old and we love it. It goes everywhere with us and has been gate checked at numerous airports, been on mass transit in LA, and Boston and we've never had a problem with it. The fold is great and I just love it. I can't think of a bad thing to say about it. I have used it soo much that sometimes I wish I would've just sprung for the Techno XT (is a heavier stroller, but has soo many great features).
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

I love our Techno!! I couldn't stand the small wheels on the triumph and quest, but we do a lot of outdoor walking. It has full recline, the 2009's have extendable sunshades. Those are the key points. I found it for around 200 on CL, kinda pricy, but it's now our main single stroller. As your kids get older, you may start to use the big strollers less.
    -Tess

DD1 4/07

DD2 1/09

DS1 2/12

Running in with a 2009 BOB Duallie Revolution in Navy

Running faster with a 2011 BOB Single Revolution in Plum

Sporting my 2010 Bugaboo Bee+ in Sage, definitely my guilty pleasure

Shopping with a 2010 Black BJCMD

Cruising in an 07 Acura MDX with a Britax Boulvard, Radian, and Graco Snugride all in a row!

ckelly is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

You definatly want something with an umbrella fold. In general strollers that fold umbrella style are kept "upstairs" on the plane (most airlines, but not all) and not tossed down below. A stroller that is literally tossed down beneath the plane could be subject to handling damage which the airline is not liable for. On a recent trip from the US to New Zealand I took my Silver Cross Dazzle and it was awesome. We had a 10 hour layover in LAX and dd slept most of the time. We also used it while we travelled in NZ and it handled city sidewalks and some light grass strolling well. It's a pricy stroller (got a good deal on it) but I love it and we use it A LOT. HTH

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast