Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quick question about these boosters: which one is most narrow on the outside - the Cruz or the LiteRider for a 3 across situation?

Thanks!
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

"The Cruz is about an inch narrower, but that is somewhat cancelled out by the harder to access beltpath"--from the post above. Really, you have to try them both, it has SO much to do with contours of the vehicle seat, the buckling capability of the child, and the seat it's next to, and the seatbelt geometry, you can't really predict which will work best . Since they both come relatively unpackaged, you can try them in the parking lot and return them immediately if it doesn't work.
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#

Quote Originally Posted by Joolsplus2 View Post
    "The Cruz is about an inch narrower, but that is somewhat cancelled out by the harder to access beltpath"--from the post above. Really, you have to try them both, it has SO much to do with contours of the vehicle seat, the buckling capability of the child, and the seat it's next to, and the seatbelt geometry, you can't really predict which will work best . Since they both come relatively unpackaged, you can try them in the parking lot and return them immediately if it doesn't work.
    Thank you Jools. I did see that thread but I just wanted to make sure I was reading it correctly. After combing through many posts on here about boosters and fitting seats 3 in a row, my head is spinning. I think I am going to have to play around with my configuration. I do know that a FR85, Graco HBTB, and Cruz do NOT fit 3 in a row in my 2010 Ody 3rd row. I'm coming to the conclusion that I will be buying a Radian in the near future. Thanks again.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

WatchingThemGrow is online now Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I have used the Cruz in the middle row of my Ody between 2 Marathons. Does anything do 3 across with a frontier? I'd try it out in our van, but we don't have a driveway right now to open all the doors up. We barely have a parking space in a downtown condo. (college students keep parking in my space- grrr)

Quote Originally Posted by carolinamama View Post
    Thank you Jools. I did see that thread but I just wanted to make sure I was reading it correctly. After combing through many posts on here about boosters and fitting seats 3 in a row, my head is spinning. I think I am going to have to play around with my configuration. I do know that a FR85, Graco HBTB, and Cruz do NOT fit 3 in a row in my 2010 Ody 3rd row. I'm coming to the conclusion that I will be buying a Radian in the near future. Thanks again.
    Well, tell us if you do find something that works. I also thought to mention the Cosco Top Side, it's at Target for 12.99, but it's WEIRD, the shoulderbelt on the buckle side goes OVER the armrest, so unlike any booster you've ever seen. But that *might* make it easy-ish to buckle, depending on the usual annoying factors.... (HighRise/Ambassador by Cosco is another choice for narroweness, and Cosco Pronto has super tall armrests, so does Evenflo Amp, so maybe those, too, but my first choices would still be the Harmonys, they are narrowest)
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2