Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Leg stuck between the crib rails.

9-month old DD can't stop moving around these days, including inside her crib. She's kicking so much. We found one of her legs got stuck between the crib rails. Her leg was literally hanging outside between the crib rails and she would continue to move her leg around trying to release herself apparently but I know she's hurting because she cried. We do not put any crib padding because of safety issue. We have found her in this situation for several times now these week. Does this happen to anyone ? I'm just wondering what I can do to prevent this from happening ? Thank you.

Btw, this is the crib, DaVinci Emily we have http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...t_adv_XSG10001 Not sure if this makes any difference or not.
    Last edited by babyfiorina1; 08-16-2011 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Adding Info

OP, thanks for posting. My DD does this too. She's 19 weeks, so her legs don't get stuck yet, but we find her napping with each foot through a slat. I'm worried when she gets bigger her legs will be chubby enough to get stuck. Do we have to resort to mesh bumpers? Our crib is solid at the head and foot so bumpers won't work really well.

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

my ds's legs get stuck between crib rails every now and then (he likes to move around a lot and stick his legs through and take them out). when this happens, he cries out, and we see on the video monitor was is going on and then go over to help him get it out, and then that's that. i don't think there's anything else you can do.

How about using a sleepsack? My son has worn them from birth and can only get his foot through the slats.

SkyrMommy is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Sleepsacks were our savior as well. Especially as the weather grew colder it was wonderful to snuggle DD in her sack and know that she was safe and couldn't get stuck. Otherwise as she got older and went to pjs with no sack I think she only got stuck twice before she realized how to get herself unstuck.
    DD 4/09 DS 8/12

We use a breathable bumper, it works to keep her legs from getting stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyDahl View Post
    OP, thanks for posting. My DD does this too. She's 19 weeks, so her legs don't get stuck yet, but we find her napping with each foot through a slat. I'm worried when she gets bigger her legs will be chubby enough to get stuck. Do we have to resort to mesh bumpers? Our crib is solid at the head and foot so bumpers won't work really well.
    We have a similar crib with solid ends, and were very happy with this mesh bumper (we used it with both our DDs):

http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_1...1074910020001P

OK, so it's not terrible pretty , but it works really well, and has held up nicely through 5+ years of use. It comes in 4 pieces, so we were able to just cover the side rails.
    Last edited by mommytoC; 08-16-2011 at 04:22 PM.
    A, mommytoC (DD#1, born 11/05)...and to K (DD#2, born 4/09)!

mackmama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Our 7mo DC does the same thing. Uaing a sleepsack really helps.

Thank you all for the suggestions. I didn't think of sleep sack. doh?!? We used that on DD until she was around 6-month old. Then summer came along and we just never used it anymore. DD just got both of her legs stuck again earlier so I will definitely get a sleep sack for her and winter is not too far along as well. The breathable mesh bumper seems like a great idea as well. I didn't know there's such thing. Thanks again.

mjs64 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I like our breathable bumpers. They actually, in plain white, go with our decor:

http://www.amazon.com/BreathableBaby...3559084&sr=1-1

I think the colors and prints have the possibility (but not the necessity) of looking tacky. Worth a try?
    My baby boy is 3!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast