Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Best place to buy twin mattress for a kid?

Looking for a good but inexpensive mattress for DD2 who is almost 3. I have a friend with a Sam's Club membership, so I was thinking of looking there, anywhere else I should look? Since she's so tiny, we're just going to start her out with the mattress (and no box spring), but I want something that will last awhile (we'll add a boxspring as she gets bigger and is used to being in a big girl bed).

ajsj is offline Bronze level (10+ posts)

Default Mattress

For what it is worth, I'd buy a name brand at Sam's. I bought two mattresses, one at a discount chain and a second one at Costco. There is no comparison. The discount mattress is really uncomfortable and it's hard to fit two people in at story time. It will not last. Good luck!

I actually purchased DD's mattress at Walmart & I find it incredibly confortable. I can't find the particular one when I search Walmart because I have no recollection how much I spent or what brand it was. I only remember that it was shipped rolled up like a poster & you opened the package & it opened up to a mattress.
    My only piece of advice when buying a mattress with a 3 yo is to take into account potential accidents. I see they have mattresses with moisture barriers. We use a vinyl liner & Targer waterproof mattress pad but our mattress has still gotten wet a few times.
    ~Shanamama

Mommy's girl- 10 years old!!
    Daddy's girl- turning 7!!
    monkey boy- 3 years old now!!

Wacky typos brought to you by autocorrect.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I'm planning to get one at IKEA. Ds1 has one from there that was a hand me down. I want to get one for ds2 now.

Beth

Default try costcos

We got our twin mattress set for our toddler from costcos. We got a Sealy twin "Foxport" mattress set (box spring and mattress) there and i think we paid a little less than $200 for the set (or maybe it was closer to $300). The price in store is a little less than the price online (although online price includes free shipping i believe). Its absolutely fine. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles (memory foam, extra mattress cushion on top, etc) but I don't feel my toddler needs this. We also use it for guests when we use his room as a guest room, and have no complaints. my husband and I have also slept on it on occasion and find it to be comfortable. Here is a link to the mattress, although here they are selling 2 mattresses but no box spring (for a bunk bed). http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...=en-US&topnav=

We bought the cheap mattress from sams and have been very happy with it. We bought the moisture barrier mattress cover from Ikea that I am not happy with

Default mattress

We bought our twin bed and mattress from IKEA.
    I was concerned about the quality of the mattress. It was only $100.
    It is firm yet comfortable. Story time is fun because now I read the DS1 every night before he goes to bed. I don't find the mattress uncomfortable.

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

IKEA I am comfortable no nasty chemicals.
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

DS has the $99 special from some discount mattress place and I HATE it. We got DD's for $150 at Costco and it is SO much nicer. It's a Sealy, I think. Both of our kids have beds that use slatted bed bases rather than box springs.
    Daniele
    mama to
    dd1 watching over her brothers and sister from Heaven
    ds1 13 years old
    dd2 10 years old
    ds2 6 years old
    Placenta Increta/c-hyst survivor

IKEA! Both of our kids' mattresses are from there and were around $100. Very satisfied and I've slept on both myself.
    Tarah
    Mama to the Forrest Creature 3/04 and Baby Ber 4/07
    "All true wealth is biological" Cordelia Naismith Vorkosigan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast