WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default Which skinny booster for 3 across in Odyssey?

I'm at the stage where it would be nice to have a skinny booster on hand for when we have playdates who are larger than our almost 6yo. We could just walk home from school, but I'll have a pack of 5 kids with me tomorrow. In case we decided to drive, what booster should I pick up?

I will have in the van already:
    Frontier85
    Parkway SGL
    Radian
    Graco backless booster

What's the most wonderful skinny but comfy and durable booster?

I keep hearing good things about the Harmony Dreamtime as a good narrow choice... http://www.walmart.com/ip/Harmony-Dr...260330&veh=cse if you need a highback, or the Harmony Youth Booster (used to be called LiteRider, it's the 13.50 one at Walmart), or the Cosco Top Side at Target is about $13 (and unlike other boosters, it requires the shoulderbelt go over the armrest on the buckle side, that can make it easy to buckle). Evenflo Amp might work, not terribly narrow, but super tall armrests might make it pretty easy to puzzle next to something else.
    The Harmony's/Top Side are 'blow molded plastic', they are light as a feather and bang like a drum, so they seem cheap, but my kids have always found them quite comfortable despite the lack of cushy padding (like a school chair that's unpadded but butt shaped, somehow it's not too bad, lol)
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#

lhafer is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I recently got the Harmony Dreamtime booster (the same one Jools linked to) for my 6 year old for my DH's 2012 Hyundai Genesis Coupe. Those have very small, skinny, deep bucket seats in the back and it fits perfectly. And she likes it and finds it comfortable. She uses it in the highback mode now, and it converts to the lowback later. I got it for $38 at Walmart. It's not great for the bigger/taller kids - but by then they can most likely use it as a low back booster mode so it's not a problem. And the back comes off really easily, but is a nice sturdy seat in general.

I also have a Harmony Juvenile low back for the "extra" booster whenever needed and it's a good smaller based seat as well. It's not as wide as the Gracos.

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Thanks so much!!! I looked at the boosters when you posted and decided to hold off. Then DD and I had to fly out for a family funeral and when I got to check in my luggage, I realized the parkway in a bag was left in the car! My mom ran by Target and picked up the Cosco booster to meet us at the airport. Glad I could tell her exactly which one to get!

Sorry about your bad news, but at least the booster shopping was easy!
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#