Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default LL Bean Katahdin Parka - Toddler Girls - $36

Very popular parka on sale for a good price from LL Bean. $40 plus 10% off. Blue only. http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/75997...ductId=1170133
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

So many girl coats on sale, and not one for boys! Great deal though.

ChefGirl is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Is this a good price? Is this good for skiing and snow playing? Are they true to size? thanks....you think the color is too girly for a boy?
    Chefgirl
    Mommy to 3 WILD and SWEET kids

It is a good price for LL Bean. I know plenty of people who paid full retail price and were happy with it. This parka is particularly popular here on the BBB which is why I posted it

I think the color is fine for either gender. For pricier items like parkas, I tend to boys outerware for my DD, figuring it doesn't matter so much for girls, and we can hand it down to her brother.
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by wellyes View Post
    It is a good price for LL Bean. I know plenty of people who paid full retail price and were happy with it. This parka is particularly popular here on the BBB which is why I posted it

I think the color is fine for either gender. For pricier items like parkas, I tend to boys outerware for my DD, figuring it doesn't matter so much for girls, and we can hand it down to her brother.

we have had 2 of them, all have been handed down so worn for a total of 3+ years each. They are great. DS2 is on his second year of DS1's coat (that DS1 wore for 2 years). It looks brand new and is super warm.
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

OKKiddo is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

You have got to be kidding me!! I JUST bought that jacket (in pink) YESTERDAY and paid the $79.99 for it!! Do you think I could call LL Bean and get them to adjust the price?

Quote Originally Posted by OKKiddo View Post
    You have got to be kidding me!! I JUST bought that jacket (in pink) YESTERDAY and paid the $79.99 for it!! Do you think I could call LL Bean and get them to adjust the price?
    You could try - I've always IMed instead of calling. I doubt they'd price adjust, since the pink one is not clearanced, but theyd probably be willing to have you return the pink to get a blue one. (Keep in mind, it's the baby/toddler one on sale).

They'd definitely credit you the 10% off if you ask, that promotion was in effect yesterday.
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

Just what I needed for DD! Thanks OP! I hope it's warm enough for Canadian winters...
    DD February 2010
    DS January 2012

My DD wore this coat for 3 winters and it still looks new. Very happy with it. I think that's a great price for this time of year.
    DD 8
    DS 6
    DS 4

I have this coat in blue for DS3. It does not look like a girl's coat. The price is great and the quality is wonderful. I had to buy a replacement for DS3 because the zipper in the 3T that we had finally wore at after 5 winters of use. Otherwise, the coat was in wonderful condition after 5 winters of use.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast