Congratulations! You’re pregnant! Now where do you turn for the best advice? What if you could bottle the wisdom of all those women who came before you—and combine it with the solid medical advice from a renowned Beverly Hills OB/GYN and a nationally-known pediatrician? Expecting 411 is the answer! Inside, you’ll find:
- Is this normal? From morning sickness to stretch marks, you’ll learn what’s expected—and what’s not.
- Is it safe? Sushi? Hair dye? Coffee? Get detailed do’s and don’ts.
- How much weight should I gain? Find the latest guidelines.
- Breastfeeding 101. Learn the secrets of nursing from an expert.
- Detailed advice on prepping for parenthood, including all the decisions you need to make. What tests are required? Are optional?
- Easy-to-find answers on natural childbirth, nutrition, epidurals, when to call the doc and more!
Authors Michele Hakakha, M.D. and Ari Brown, M.D. have been there, done that! Dr. Hakakha is an award-winning OB/GYN who brings a down-to-earth perspective to being pregnant. She has contributed to numerous articles and educational videos on pregnancy, and appeared in Little Man, an award-winning documentary on premature birth. Dr. Brown is an official spokesperson for the American Academy of Pediatrics and a trusted source on children’s health care. She’s been featured on NBC’s Today Show and is the co-author of best-seller Baby 411. Between them, they have four children, ages 2 to 14.