PDA

View Full Version : Kiddopotamus body snuzzler, not ok?

DrSally
12-03-2007, 07:30 PM
Jools or anyone else, this kiddopotamus body snuzzler (for a premie) is not ok, right? Just checking to make sure. Is anything after market support other than rolled up towels ok? TIA!

http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/kiddopotamus-co-snuzzler-complete-head-and-body-support-for-any-seat--pink-trim

MommyAllison
12-04-2007, 02:10 AM
Not Julie, or even a CPS tech, but I am pretty sure she would say no, it's not ok. I've not heard of anything after market other than rolled up towels being acceptable. Sorry! Hopefully one of them will chime in soon.

Joolsplus2
12-04-2007, 11:26 AM
I finally figured out how to log in! (the color scheme might drive me away, though...ick!).

Right, that's a no on the snuzzlers. A premie would have to pass the 'carsat challenge' in the hospital (blood oxygen levels staying high with no inserts in the seat, including the ones that come with the seat, for 45 minutes). My primary concern is that the slots may not line up properly with the carseat...if those straps get pushed outwards and off the shoulders even a little, the kiddo could come launching right out of that seat. A seat with good infant padding (Key Fit/Connection, maybe others) would be a better choice (as well as having a lower starting weight limit of 4 pounds)

:)

DrSally
12-04-2007, 06:50 PM
Thanks, I was pretty sure, but just wanted to double check! I thought I had subscribed to this topic, but I think it will take some time for me to figure this new system out too.