PDA

View Full Version : desperate to talk to charlotte, NC mamas

lizajane
12-03-2007, 08:35 PM
please tell me that there is at least one BBB mama in charlotte that has always wished she could meet me IRL. ;) i need some info, please. i would appreciate your help.

first, there are absolutely no definite plans and DH and i haven't fulled discussed the matter since his job offer this afternoon. but i would feel better going into "talks" with some knowledge. so- it is possible that we would move to charlotte. soon. and i want to know some details so i can wrap my brain around this idea. i should note that i am absolutely 100% stark raving terrified of change. but i think this may be truly 100% important not only for DH but for our family.

DH's job would be very close to uptown. so i think we wouldn't want to live more than 20-30 minutes from uptown. is there a neighborhood even close to that where we could find 1) families and dogs and happy people 2) safety 3) family activities, like parks, pools, good schools, presbyterian churches 4) houses with 4 bedrooms and acceptable back yards for 250,000 to 300,000??? (guessing on more expensive houses than we have now because of income increase. not actually sure what would be our ideal range.)

would we be able to get into a preschool in the middle of the year?

are there public kindergarten options or just schools in school districts and you move into one and that is where your kid goes to school?

what does gas cost these days?

that is what i can think of for now that is on my mind and making me anxious. mostly, housing. second, preschool in the middle of the year.

miki
12-04-2007, 02:31 PM
I pm'd you my email if you want some detailed info about Charlotte.