PDA

View Full Version : BBBAA (Baby Bargains Boards Addicts Anonymous)

JoyNChrist
12-04-2007, 12:20 PM
So, I'm embarrassed to think of how many times I checked the boards over the past few days to see if they were up yet. And I've come to realize that this is officially my first stop for all parenting and life advice. I was lost without y'all!

Any other addicts out there? Maybe we should start a support group. :)

gatorsmom
12-04-2007, 12:31 PM
i definitely need a support group. I got so much done this weekend because I didn't check the boards (thought I'd give them a couple of extra days). What a surprise I came back to!!!!

Yeah, I'm an addict. sign me up.

kep
12-04-2007, 12:40 PM
Addict is such a strong word... LOL!

Fairy
12-04-2007, 12:50 PM
Oh yes. I don't know if it's a sickness or a blessing. Maybe both ...

KBecks
12-04-2007, 01:00 PM
I'm embarassed with the boards now that it tells me how many minutes I go between visits, and other people can see how much I'm online here. (Although I could go into hiding with the options.)

I'm most embarassed that the boys are left to their own (and make crazy messes) quite a bit while I'm here. Gotta go!

I do think it's healthy to take breaks once in a while, but it takes a lot of willpower! I was without a computer for a while earlier in the fall and the house looked so much better for it.

o_mom
12-04-2007, 02:03 PM
I think the new colors are going to break my addiction ;)

kep
12-04-2007, 02:06 PM

Um, yeah. Me, too!

Emmas Mom
12-04-2007, 02:17 PM
I'm so with you! Seriously, I felt cut off from everything almost while the board was down! lol I had about half a dozen questions & it was killing me not to be able to post. Of course, now I can't remember them so they must not have been too important. :rolleyes: I LOVE the new forum though. I'm very familiar with vbulletin so this is wonderful! :D

Pennylane
12-04-2007, 03:06 PM
I'm with you guys! I did not realize how much I depend on the boards until they were gone.

supercalifragilous
12-04-2007, 03:21 PM
Sign me up too! I was dying from not being able to access the Bargains forum - I had some good coupons to post for holiday shopping!

VClute
12-04-2007, 03:22 PM
Hi. My name is Amy, and I'm an addict. I thought I could just visit every once in a while, not posting much, and I'd be ok. No way could I be an addict - I don't even have 1000 posts yet! But when the boards were down - WOAH! I realized that I really do depend on the boards for SO MUCH! With whom else could I dish about the latest Britney fiasco, and find out about the hottest new mom-fashions and ask about the Boden sale, etc? Thank GOD the boards are back! Now - off to post about the mama Boden stuff. :)

LarsMal
12-04-2007, 03:42 PM
Sign me up, too! I have the the link under my favorites online so I just click the button and POOF here I am. I can't tell you how many times I clicked the button hoping it was finally up again.

Thanks to the BBB book club I had some connection- thanks, Liz, for starting that thread!

SO glad the boards are back up and running.

**Oh, and I totally agree with KBecks- I don't like how it shows me how long it's been since I've been on!

daisymommy
12-04-2007, 03:52 PM
Oh yeah, I've got it bad! I needed your advice for Christmas presents, and I was just beside myself not being able to come ask you gals about them before buying! And of course, I missed my over-coffee chats in the Lounge each day :) Oh BBB how I've missed you!!!

tylersmama
12-04-2007, 04:04 PM
Longest week of my life. Seriously. I have my favorite bookmarks in the toolbar in my browser and I can't tell you how many hundreds, if not more, times I clicked that little button and waited hopefully. I've missed all you mamas so much!

jenmcadams
12-04-2007, 04:21 PM
Even though my post count isn't super high (especially given I've been posting here for 5 1/2 years -- OMG that is sooo crazy), I read the boards several times a day. The good news about the boards being down last week was that I got my 2007 Family Photobook done and sent off to MyPublisher. I also go most of my Xmas Shopping done...but I clicked on the link several times a day to see when it would come back up. It's such a habit to click there whenever I pull up my browser...I know I lead a sad existence

trentsmom
12-04-2007, 04:42 PM
I felt a little lost the past several days. It worked out for me, though, since DH's office Christmas party was at our house, and I really needed to stay away from the boards to get my house cleaned and decorated!

daisy1234
12-04-2007, 05:05 PM
Me too and I noticed traffic seems slow! I especially missed the bargain board! Thisis our bargain shopping season! I was lost without the boards! Thank god they are back!

kimbe
12-04-2007, 05:05 PM
I'm in too! I had a hard time buying Christmas gifts while the boards were down. Even DH was lost --- he kept asking if they were back up yet!

wencit
12-04-2007, 06:43 PM
I missed y'all!!! Hugs and kisses to everyone!!! XOXOXOXO!!!

Of course I missed the Lounge, but I also missed my Bargain Alerts forum, too! Someone posted a code for $10 off a Learning Tower right before the boards went down, and being the lame brain I am, I totally forgot to copy it down. Doh! Fortunately, a Google search saved the day, but I would have been sooo irritated at myself otherwise.

I'm glad you're back, BBB!

purpleeyes
12-04-2007, 06:56 PM
I knew there would be a post like this when I got on! :) I have been dying to do some toy research...this weekend DH and I went xmas shopping and I felt wholly unprepared b/c I hadn't been able to do a search here! ;)

So far, I like the changes, they're cool. Now, off to research those toys...

Beth

lmwbasye
12-04-2007, 08:48 PM
I seriously had a difficult time making decisions while you all were gone. I'm sad to say how much I depend on your knowledge and opinions.

Not in love with the new format yet, but I'm addicted enough that I'll still be here constantly.

Laura :)

Marisa6826
12-04-2007, 08:54 PM

There will be some new colour schemes soon. Promise. ;)

-m

MamaMolly
12-04-2007, 11:58 PM
Yep, sign me up. I found myself writing posts in my head! What with DH having surgery and my mom coming to 'help' read that as drive me nuts...Oh, I am so glad to be on, signed in and chatting.

Now just going to post so I can read what ever goofy thing is says under my name. FUN!!! So glad to be back!!!!!

punkrockmama
12-05-2007, 12:53 AM
All I have to say to you guys about this is: NEVER. LEAVE ME. AGAIN.

TahliasMom
12-05-2007, 04:42 AM
interesting format, i'm just glad we're back up!!!

JoyNChrist
12-05-2007, 05:52 AM
All I have to say to you guys about this is: NEVER. LEAVE ME. AGAIN.

My thoughts exactly!

elephantmeg
12-05-2007, 08:05 AM
that's me. I told DH that I was going through BBB withdrawl and he laughed at me!

elizabethkott
12-05-2007, 11:32 AM
I think I really do have a problem. I was sort of going crazy at home without the boards. Sooooo glad they're back!
Now if Mrs. Jones could just do something totally outragous, that would be great!
:2:

o_mom
12-05-2007, 11:35 AM
There will be some new colour schemes soon. Promise. ;)

-m

Yay! Even being an Ohio State fan, I'm just not loving the colors for reading (the white text on gray background being particularly annoying)

KBecks
12-05-2007, 12:23 PM
Maybe you're not as die hard as you think. A friend's husband wanted to do their patio in red and gray. Their house is brown. They have so much Ohio State stuff in their house, and -- he went to Northwestern. :)

Aunt to sweet baby boy
12-05-2007, 02:46 PM
I am definitely in the club! It actually happened during a good time, I wrote a 10 page paper over the few days without the boards, but I am SOO glad to be back!

TaChapm
12-05-2007, 05:48 PM
I don't post nearly as much as I used to but I read the boards several times a day. I guess you never know how much you depend on a place until it is gone. I thought once the boards came back up that the new format might just be enough to make me leave for good but after 2 days I am SLOWLY adjusting and figuring things out.

BTW...Does anyone know if we have spell check? That would make the adjustment a WHOLE lot easier! :p

Emmas Mom
12-05-2007, 05:59 PM
There's a spell check under the "quick reply" but I didn't see one when you actually click on "post reply". :confused:

mommy111
12-06-2007, 07:29 PM
Add me to the AAs, I had a horrible weekend without the boards. then I spent the remainder of the time mulling about all the positive feedbacks I should have left and the thank yous i should have said but didn't out of sheer laziness (note: thank you to megs and all the other moms who gave me great advice about nausea in the first trimester, when I was dying.....i took their advice and went in to the emergency room and got rehydrated and felt so much better....of course this was a month ago and I still haden't thanked them when the old boards crashed)