PDA

View Full Version : anyone have either of these kitchens?

nicknack
12-04-2007, 02:29 PM
So now that I think I'm doing a kitchen for Maeve (21 mths) for xmas, I have to get on the ball!

She often plays with this Step 2 one at this indoor playspace near us and seems to like it. (can't post the pic for some reason)

http://www.step2.com/product.cfm?product_id=1299

I like that it's on the smaller side (our house isn't huge) but seems to accomodate a few kids (we have an older son who would definitely play with it too).

There's also the old Play Wonder one from Target at Tuesday Morning right now for about $50. I think it's cute and like that it's wood (although I'm not so opposed to plastic) but I'm wondering if it will work for two or more kids. I also have to make sure my TM even has it.

So any thoughts on these?

annasmom
12-04-2007, 05:49 PM
Honestly, I don't think you could go wrong with either one. I know both kitchens have gotten really good reviews. Personally, I think Step2 products are really great (and made in the U.S.A). We have the smaller Little Helpers' Kitchen (I think that is what it is called), and it has gotten lots of use. It is very sturdy, which is really important to me because my dc (emphasis on "dear") tend to climb on everything.

As for whether either of these kitchens can accomodate more than 1-2 children - I just don't know. I know that my dc have played with a similar Step2 kitchen - but could have been a larger model, I don't remember. I ended up buying my dc a larger wooden kitchen last Christmas that came in parts just for that reason.

Good luck!

Tondi G
12-04-2007, 07:50 PM
Call them and see if they have any in stock. My Mom went last week and they told her to get there early in the morning if she wanted to guarntee herself one. Well she forgot and I reminded her this morning about 10:00. She called and the girls said they had ONE left and couldn't hold it for anyone. So she ran over there and they said NOPE, Sorry we're all out. She went back and forth with them and said the one behind the counter was sold to someone else who left it to go to lunch. Then they had someone check in the back and said they found ONE under a bunch of stuff. The guy then came to the front and sold her the one behind the counter. Something shady going on there but she did get a kitchen and supposedly it was their LAST one!

~Tondi

nicknack
12-04-2007, 10:33 PM
Tondi--That is shady! But yeah, you're right, I'm guessing mine will be all out of them by now. I was leaning toward the Step 2 one anyway.

annasmom
12-04-2007, 11:03 PM
I forgot to mention this before, but Step2 dot com is currently offering free shipping on a lot of items, including the kitchen you are looking at.