PDA

View Full Version : Booster options

JBaxter
12-04-2007, 04:23 PM
This is for a friend....

She has a 4yr old who is currently in a Marathon but is close to being out for height. Super bright and mature ( way way beyond what my 4yr old is). She has a 2 1/2 yr old also in a marathon and a baby on the way ( looking at buying a SafeSeat or a chicco30 due to past big babies).
She wants booster options. The regent is not an option because if its size and price ( they will need 2). I know it is generally not recommened on this board to use a belt positioner seat due to maturity but I dont think it is a problem with this child. YOu would really assume she is more like 6 due to size/speech/attitude.
I saw the Parkway was on sale a babyage or there other 'better' options?

Joolsplus2
12-04-2007, 04:30 PM
I think the Parkway is a great 'starter' booster...fits littler kids really well, good sleep support, super easy to buckle, higher quality overall than the Turbo (which doesn't have side impact protection and the armrests make it harder to buckle properly). Sunshine Kids Radian 65 is also taller than the Marathon, and cheaper...they might want to consider it for the main car (good for any 'three across' situation they might have now, too... way easier to buckle a Radian, Parkway is second easiest to buckle). Recaro Vivo or Vivo Lite are also very nice, I wouldn't hesitate to put my own 4 yo in either the Britax or Recaro (for short trips, anyway ;) ) (The Recaro is maybe a bit harder to buckle, bad for three across, but otherwise an awesome seat).

:)

JBaxter
12-04-2007, 04:38 PM
I thought about recommending the radian but coming out of preschool today she was standing beside Nathan and he is 43 inches ( as of last week) and she has to be at least 46in already Im not sure how long the radian would last her. I will foward her the names of th e ones you listed :) Thanks