PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else disappointed with Mama Boden preview?

VClute
12-04-2007, 04:47 PM
I was so excited to get some things for me for the spring, since I won't be pregnant and we'll be ramping down the nursing. But I can't find a single item I MUST have. Anyone have some inspiration for me?

jacksmomtobe
12-04-2007, 11:52 PM
At first look I was disappointed by all the Spring stuff but then when I picked through every category (luckily I printed it out because my basket was emptied) I found quite a bit of good stuff though mostly for the kids. It was amazing how fast it all added up. :) Overall I like the Moms stuff but it seems like their inventory runs out fast so this will be the first time I'm ordering for myself on a Preview order. I had so many disappointments this fall. Too many things I waited too long on and they ended up being out of stock. One funky thing that happened was I ordered a mini skirt in a long but the actual skirt though marked a long was actually a regular (I measured the length and compared if versus another skirt that was to be the same size) and they had run out of the skirt so I wasn't able to exchange it for the proper size. For Spring I liked the printed tunic in the greenish color, the printed cotton top in the aqua dots, and the textured scoop neck in blue. A lot of the items I thought I might like missed a bit with the color in their prints. I am also not a big fan of low cut tops so irl I may not like the printed cotton top though it looks like last year's hotchpotch tops which I did like. One thing I loved from last Spring/Summer was their t-shirts. I can't remember the exact name but it wasn't the everyday t-shirt. This one just had a subtle shape to it that made it look nice with everything. I got it in aqua and green and wore both all the time. I never would have guess that I would have liked them so much since in general I prefer prints and have been very bored with solids. I also found with the fall preview that once I saw the catalog I liked totally different items there than I did online. I did a fair amt of swapping. They actually extend the preview deal for any items you order on an exchange order even if they are completely different and also if you had items. Hope you find something you like now that you are shopping for yourself again!

oneplustwo
12-08-2007, 11:16 AM
What is the preview? Did you receive a catalog in the mail, or an email? I was curious as I haven't received any kind of spring preview even though I've ordered from them before.

VClute
12-09-2007, 07:35 PM
www.bodenpreview.com

oneplustwo
12-10-2007, 09:44 AM
Thank you!