PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Question: WWYD?

nicoleandjackson
12-04-2007, 07:29 PM
Can you stand another Ebay issue?

Santa is bringing DS a handheld video game system for Christmas. I wanted to get a protective cover for it with his favorite game character on it. I found a Buy-It-Now item from a dealer with almost 150,000 trades and 99.1% positive rating. I paid for the item on 11/24 and got the package yesterday. Of course, they sent the wrong item.

Here's the kicker, though. Instead of sending the $10 console cover, they sent the actual GAME that was depicted on the cover, retailing at $34.99! I e-mailed them right away yesterday to say that they sent the wrong item (not, ahem, specifically what was sent to me) and that they need to ship the item that I won during the auction as well as $$ for return shipping. I didn't hear back from them, so I sent another e-mail today.

I really wanted to have the cover in time for Christmas, so I'm getting tight on time. How long would you wait before trying to buying a new one all over again? How long would you give the vendor to rectify the situation? To be perfectly frank, I don't care if they never get back to me because I can turn right around and sell the game on Ebay, or get a credit at our local Game Stop for more than what I sent via PayPal.

Sooooo, whaddya think?