PDA

View Full Version : Chappy Chanukah!!

Piglet
12-04-2007, 09:30 PM
I haven't seen a thread yet, so I thought I would start -

Wishing everyone a happy, fun and yummy Chanukah!

JustMe
12-05-2007, 12:15 AM
Thanks! Happy Chanukah everyone!

single mommy to a 4 yr old from Guatemala

Fairy
12-05-2007, 12:20 AM
Yes, Happy Hanukkah! We lit the family menorah, DS's own menorah, and lit up the electric one in the window. He got a plastic dreidel with Hanukkah Gelt in it, and the gelt was all yucky. Like it was old old chocolate! Last year's gelt? so, I opened another one -- SAME THING. Ugh! So, he got stickers and a handful of M&M's. Tomorrow we go to Barnes & Noble and buy a book for a foster child (for their foster child books for the holidays campaign), so that will be what we do the 2nd night. Then another present -- I have yet to go get (yikes!). Then another night of giving to someone else, etc.

And then it's Christmas when we can do it all over again ;-)

BTW, if you haven't picked up the Hanukkah CD from Barnes & Noble (the first song is Barenaked Ladies singing Hanukkah Oh Hanukkah), GO GET IT. It is sooooo good. No boring traditional arrangements on this sucker. We can't get enough.

emmiem
12-05-2007, 01:04 AM
I love that cd too. I purchased it several years ago. Try buying gelt from
www.chocolategelt.com. It tastes yummy! I have gelt from last year that was fine too but I always fine new.

Happy Hanukkah!!

sidmand
12-05-2007, 08:51 PM
I started to reply to this yesterday, but DS pulled me away and I forgot!

Happy Chanukah everyone!

I have a box of presents (too lazy to wrap them and DS doesn't care anyway). So I told DS he could pick one gift out to play with...he picked the paper that was stuffed in the box to package something else. Of course. Who needs toys when there's paper and boxes?

hellbennt
12-05-2007, 10:15 PM
Happy Chaka Khan!!!!