PDA

View Full Version : britax monarch or parkway?

spu
12-05-2007, 10:42 AM
Does anyone have thought son the monarch or parkway? I'm thinking of buying 2 of them for the girls, and they're hard to find in stores to see in person. I read on amazon that the monarch's armrests are too low and the cupholders are small. Are those issues to be concerned about? How is the usability in terms of a 5.5 yo being able to do her own seatbelt with either of these? We have a sequioa (hoping to get a sienna!!!) so space isn't too much of an issue.

thanks!
susan

Joolsplus2
12-05-2007, 02:36 PM
They are both nice...Parkway has those wide sidewings that make great armrests (other 'armrests' are really 'hipbones' for little kids, to keep the labpelt low). I'd also want to see the Recaro Vivo (or Vivo Lite, just has a lighter cover or something, not less weight or size). The Compass B510 (might also be called the Premier I think...has a pink and brown version, and a giraffe and a camo version) are also fantastic, especially for kids who might not love the parkway or monarch headwings, and the compass and vivo have better leg support than the britaxes (won't matter till about age 7 or 8...my 9 yo did start complaining the Parkway hurt his back because of the lack of leg support)
Well, I didn't make your hunt ANY easier, did I? I'd say Monarch...but I only know one kid who used and liked it for a year or so, it's just not enough for me to give it two thumbs up...