PDA

View Full Version : Highchair recommendations, please?

LaCostaMom
12-05-2007, 01:47 PM
I've been using the search feature but for some reason can't seem to pull anything up regarding highchair recs.

I'd like to stay under $150 (ideally closer to $100) for each highchair.

What would you recommend for the following:

*not very bulky w/slim fold
*wheeled
*no bright patterns
*easy cleaning (no ruffles!)
*dishwasher safe tray
*adjustable height

There are just so many out there & I'm starting to get really confused.

Thanks for any input!

-LCM

KBecks
12-05-2007, 02:16 PM
We liked our Fisher Price high chair. Ours is an older model (my oldest is 3), and it doesn't have wheels. I think having wheels is a good option, though. That's a minor thing. Overall it has been a fine highchair. It was about $70-80 at Target 3 years ago.

You are wise to consider cleanability.

Check the Fisher Price Healthy Chair high chair online at Target right now. That's the current model of what we have, and it has wheels! I think it's a good value.

tracerx
12-06-2007, 11:26 AM
Based in part on the baby bargains book recommendation, I got the Baby Trend Trend high chair in Laurel Oak.
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2265443

It has worked great, taken lots of abuse and is easy to clean. Best of all it doesn't cost a lot (I used a TRU $10 coupon so it ended up at $30).

HTH

tylersmama
12-06-2007, 01:26 PM
I love our Fisher Price Healthy Care highchair. We don't fold it so I don't know how slim it folds, but it has a snap-on toy that keeps DS entertained while I get his meal around, a tray liner that can go in the dishwasher, and a washable/wipe clean seat cover. It's worked great for us!