PDA

View Full Version : Wooden Highchair

Spencers Mom
12-05-2007, 04:09 PM
Input please. DD is 6 months old. What I really want is a chair that will go right up to the table so DD is "having" dinner with us. I considered the FP space saver but have read several reviews that the chair won't even fit under the table once it's attached. I won't be leaving her sitting in it so it doesn't need to recline or be plush and fancy. I've even considered the kind of chair they use in restaurants. The Graco and Safety 1st chairs both look good. Any info or input would be great.

1. will go up close to the table
2. works with an older child and chubby legs ;0)
3. easy to get the child in and out
4 fairly small
5. affordable

Thanks
Alison

tiapam
12-05-2007, 07:26 PM
Consider the Fisher Price Healthy Care Booster or the Learning Booster which is the same thing except it comes with an additional toy tray. I think it really does meet all of your requirements. It fit under our table just fine. It is so cheap, and you can probably find a used one in good condition for even less.

http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st=2000&e=booster-seats

alecian4
12-12-2007, 09:36 PM
I really like the keekaroo I got for my son. He's a large 3 yr old (40 lbs) and its just great. THe chair supports up to 150 so and adult can use it.
i think its on www.keekaroo.com

I also got the euro chair from one step ahead and dind't care for it at all. SOld it to a friend and I'm so glad I got the keekaroo

etaylor75
12-12-2007, 09:52 PM
We have the basic wooden restaurant kind at our cabin and DS loves it! We'll probably get another one to keep at home...it's really easy to clean and I like that he can get so close to the table.

I think we paid around $30 at a restaurant supply store.

Erin