PDA

View Full Version : beware babycatalog.com

calebsmama03
12-05-2007, 05:31 PM
I ordered a quadrilla marbe run for DS Christmas present last week. I get an e-mail TODAY saying it is backordered and *should* arrive to them in 1-2 weeks and will ship after that but it has ALREADY BEEN CHARGED TO MY CC!! I e-mail telling them this is unaccable as this is a gift and I NEED to be certain it will arrive in time. The response I got was that their website is not set up to show live stock updates and while it should arrive before Christmas they cannot and will not guarantee it. Now I need to decide if I should fight with them to cancel or hope and pray it arrives in time. >(

I get that things go out of stock - it happens, but WHY was my card charged when they don't even have the item and WHY does the item still show as "in stock as ships in 1-2 days" on their site TODAY after they clearly told me it is out of stock? I think this is a scam on their part to not have to carry inventory and still obtain orders from unsuspecting customers. I had a poor experience with BCA years ago but decided to give them another chance because they price on the set was so much cheaper than everyhere else. Guess I learned that you truly do get what you pay for and, in the case of BCA the poor CS is NOT worth it :(