PDA

View Full Version : Nilo Activity table questions

BeachBum
12-05-2007, 06:12 PM
So I've been looking around for an activity/train table for DS and the Nilo table just popped onto my radar.

I like that it has the laminate top with a lip and interchangeable legs. (The Land of Nod table has the leg option but no lip, and many brands have a lip with stationary legs).

What I don't understand is what the "nilo exclusive holes" are for around the edge of the table. I saw the "jax" but don't really understand how they work. Are they jsut interlocking pegs that you can support track with? Do you have to use the flex track on it? (if so that is a very expensive accessory)
I really did try to look at the pics, but I just don't get it.
http://nilotoys.com/Images/N70-2.jpg

thanks for any raves or rants you could share about Nilo.

hillview
12-05-2007, 07:24 PM
I love the nilo table. No idea how the holes/pegs work but the table is very flexible -- we use it for everything -- have had it for 6 months and looks like new. Highly recommend the undertable storage. The stools are nice but can live without them if you have other small chairs.

HTH
/hillary

MelissaTC
12-05-2007, 07:40 PM
We have had the Nilo table since before DS was 2. He is almost 5.5 now. I can't say enough about it. It is sturdy, strong, well built and looks new after many hours of use. It has been a stage (NOT with my permission of course! ;)), a puzzle table, a train table, a racing arena, and the list goes on and on. I think it is a good investment.

As far as the jax and the nilo nails, we haven't gone there. DS has never had much of an interest in it.

kcimato
12-05-2007, 09:53 PM
Not to hijack, but, has anyone ordered the Theasel for the table? Only thing I don't like is that there is no place for the cups of paint. You have to put them on the table.

I went ahead and ordered the nails for pounding in the holes. That said I love the table. It's nice that the kids do not have to be on their knees. It's also used for other toys(almost everything) and keeps most of them off the floor. I would also recomend the storage bins.

Hippoharbor
12-06-2007, 03:49 PM
I have a nilo table and have never used the peg holes, either. We love the look of the table.