PDA

View Full Version : St. Nick's Day is Dec. 6

TahliasMom
12-05-2007, 08:37 PM
Does anyone celebrate St. Nick's Day? It's tomorrow. I was raised in Eastern Europe so it's a big part of Christmas. DD is 3.7 yrs now so I thought it would be fun to introduce it to her. I was trying to find some kids books on it to explain the concept behind it but havent had much luck.
I was going to introduce it to DD tonight as Santa's checkup. If Santa leaves you little gifts that means you been good, a piece of coal if you been naughty. Little gifts means that you have a good chance of getting what you requested Christmas Eve. Helps to take the focus of gifts and back to Christ.
Anyone wants to share?

KBecks
12-05-2007, 09:05 PM
I wasn't planning on it, but I will take some Holztigers from the Christmas stash and put them in the boys stockings tonight.

I never grew up with St. Nick, but my DH remembers another family doing it and I guess he wants to start. I just got stockings for the boys this year. The Pottery Barn Kids stockings are *too big* imo. They are going to take some real loot to fill.

But for now it's just going to be what I can throw together tonight. I'm not going to stress over it.

Hope the kids enjoy it!

Melanie
12-05-2007, 09:20 PM
Oh my, thank you thank you thank you for posting this! I've forgotten every year so far. They talk about it at Ds' school. St. Nick will come tomorrow and leave goodies (usually apples and nuts) for the kids.

So it's TONIGHT, they leave their shoes out, right? Not tomorrow night?

TahliasMom
12-05-2007, 09:41 PM
yes tonight the kids leave the shoes. i think i'm going to do the stocking. my mom would just sneak into our bedrooms while we were sleeping and leave presents under the bed. lol. St. Nicks is going to leave some cute hallmark ornaments, a nice warm minnie mouse PJ and maybe a puzzle. ;)

caleymama
12-05-2007, 09:59 PM
Yes, we do! I never did growing up, but DH did and we now do with the girls. They left their shoes out tonight and they'll wake up to some small goodies in them tomorrow morning.