PDA

View Full Version : Looking for small people - that are inexpensive.

Clarity
12-05-2007, 11:22 PM
Our dd's daycare needs small/little people for their block area. I'd love to buy them as a holiday gift for dd's room, but I really am concerned about buying Little People because they're made in China. I really want to avoid that. However, I can't see buying an expensive set for the center either. Anyone have suggestions on a more affordable alternative that are not made in China? (or is this impossible?) The people really need to be age appropriate for 12-24 months. And, I think because they will be used by multiple children, they need to stand up to periodic disinfecting.

TIA!

annasmom
12-05-2007, 11:26 PM
What about these sets made by Step2:

http://www.step2.com/category.cfm?subcategory_id=1044

I believe all of Step2 is made in the U.S.A.

Clarity
12-05-2007, 11:34 PM
Thanks, I saw these and got excited...until I saw that they were actually made in China. Soooo disappointed in Step2.

ett
12-06-2007, 12:36 AM
Lego has a line called Lego Dacta that has large sets for classroom.

They have these little peoples in their Lego Dacta Duplo line.
http://www.constructiontoys.com/store/lego-dacta-explore.php

This store is local to me so I've seen them IRL. It also looks like you can order online.

I don't know where those particular sets are made, but most Legos are made in Europe. I'm sure if you call the store they could give you more information.

punkrockmama
12-06-2007, 12:56 AM
I read your thread title and the first thing I thought was I've got two small people and after the day I had with them I'd take $50 bucks for the set. That's fairly inexpensive, no?

Clarity
12-13-2007, 09:23 AM
Just an update, I did end up buying the Lego Duplo world people set. I called Lego and they said that they were made in Hungary and Mexico, but not China. They also said they actually didn't make the world people set any longer but I found it at Constructiontoys.com. Thanks for your help!

Clarity
12-13-2007, 09:25 AM
LOL, SOLD! I have no doubt your kids are wonderful...I'd take 'em...even after a rough day.

kcampbell
12-13-2007, 09:40 AM
Do you find any codes for a discount at that store? What was your total with shipping, if you don't mind me asking........

Clarity
12-13-2007, 11:14 AM
Thanks, I looked quickly for discount codes and I didn't find any. I've noticed them out of stock at several other stores and I was in a hurry but perhaps someone on here will know a code? Total was $39.95 shipped.