PDA

View Full Version : Moonlight Slumber crib mattress

SSawyer
12-06-2007, 12:05 AM
I am a new Mom to be (due February) and have decided to buy a Moonlight Slumber crib mattress after reading reviews on these boards. I know I want to go with an all foam one, but I can't decide between the Starlight Support basic foam for $189 or the Starlight Support Supreme w/Visco for $219. What did everyone else that has Moonlight Slumber go with? Is the Supreme worth the extra $? Also, has anyone bought a Moonlight Slumber changing pad? If so, what did you think? Worth the $? I've seen them advertised on the internet, but not on Moonlight Slumber's own website so I'm kind of skeptical about the authenticity.

NewMom2007
12-30-2007, 07:03 PM
We bought the Little Dreamer from silversandbox.com for $139. At the time they offered free shipping and the price was competitive. I liked this line of mattresses - I wanted all foam and I love that the outer layer is impenetrable, so no chance of any fluids soaking through.

We have only used this, so I can't compare it to anything, but I'm pleased with it. I'm glad we went with the less expensive version b/c we co-sleep, so my DS only uses this during naps and during the first part of the night before we bring him into bed.

GlindaGoodWitch
12-30-2007, 10:26 PM
I got the supreme ONLY because at the time (almost 2 years ago), it was on sale for the same amount as the regular one. Unfortunately, I have no idea how it compares with the basic. Ours is all foam and I have to say that I am very happy with how well it is made and has held up. DD slept on it from day one and we have recently moved it into #2-on-the-way's room. The one we have has an "infant" side and a softer side when you flip it over which is nice as your DC gets older, but I think that is the same on the basic.

Really I think you're getting a great mattress whichever one you decide on.

I've never heard of the changing pad... Not sure I would spend the bucks on that.