PDA

View Full Version : How to Get Sharpie off skin

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
12-06-2007, 01:12 AM
Need to remove OH and IO left Saturday night after number one and two ranked football teams lost letting number three ranked OSU go to National Championship. Have tried nail polish remove and magic eraser. This seemed like a good idea at the time, um hum.

bubbaray
12-06-2007, 01:15 AM
I'd try something oil based. vaseline, cold cream, that sort of thing. waterproof eye makeup remover.

Note I didn't ask where said skin might have sharpie on it, though you *know* I'm curious....

BTW, Magic Eraser has formaldehyde in it and can cause pretty nasty burns on skin.

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
12-06-2007, 01:17 AM
Magic Eraser has formaldehyde in it and can cause pretty nasty burns on skin.[/QUOTE]

Yes, now I know that and I may have burned an O for good on my right cheek!

LarsMal
12-06-2007, 01:25 AM
LOTS and LOTS of scrubbing! When DS had his allergy testing done they marked him up with a Sharpie. The nurse told me, "It will come right off in the bath tonight." Yeah, right! I scrubbed that poor kids back raw, and it lingered for many baths. I thought he was Sharpied for life!

I hope yours comes off soon!

tylersmama
12-06-2007, 02:10 AM
Rubbing alcohol usually works pretty well to take off permanent marker.

If it makes you feel better, I had the number 2500 tanned into my upperarms after my triathlon this summer since I put on my sunscreen AFTER I got bodymarked (they sharpie your race number onto your arms and legs so they know who you are in the swim).

Not quite as obvious as the face (I'm assuming that's what you meant by right cheek!), but it was pretty entertaining for a week or so until it faded...

buddyleebaby
12-06-2007, 02:13 AM
Rubbing alcohol usually works pretty well to take off permanent marker.

Not quite as obvious as the face (I'm assuming that's what you meant by right cheek!), but it was pretty entertaining for a week or so until it faded...

Knowing Susan, I bet it wasn't the face. ; )

I second the rubbing alcohol.

JBaxter
12-06-2007, 09:40 AM
I'd try alcohol first. It may just take time :(

KBecks
12-06-2007, 10:25 AM
Nice to see you Susan!

Sillygirl
12-06-2007, 12:19 PM
Okay, this is a weird idea, and you may want to experiement on a hidden area first. Not that you have many hidden areas, Susan. But anyway, if you write on a white board with a Sharpie, it's hard to get off. But if you take a Dry Erase marker and write over the Sharpie writing, it comes off really easy. Would it work on skin? I don't know, but perhaps worth a try.

elephantmeg
12-06-2007, 01:13 PM
alcohol prep pads (look in the pharmacy aisle with the diabetes testing supplies). They don't fall appart like paper towels etc and work great (and are about a dollar for 100 of them and work great for cleaning keyboards, and well everything!)