PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody have the Skip Hop City Chic?

JoyNChrist
12-06-2007, 06:47 AM
For some reason, I'm obsessed with this bag in Colombo Circle. But I'd love to read a review before coughing up that much cash.

klass2
12-06-2007, 09:10 PM
I ordered one in the Columbus Circle pattern 2 weeks ago. There was a 50% off Skip Hop website code floating around, so I was able to get it for $75.

It arrived 2 days ago. I took it out and looked at it but wrapped it back up for my Christmas gift to myself.

I currently carry a Stork Sak Emily but have been a huge huge fan of the SH Dash (I have 3 of those).

It looks nice, but is kind of big. The detachable purse thing is pretty cool. The inside has pockets on each side, but has lots of room and I think that things are going to get "lost" in there despite the fact that interior is tan.

The stroller hook on straps are made of metal. One other type of diaper bag has these, but I can't remember which one. But I like them better than the current ones on my old SH bags.

The bag can def only be worn over the shoulder though. I have kind of "slopey" shoulders and bags always slide down my shoulders, so I think that will annoy me.

But for the price, I am glad I jumped on it.

jbrandy
12-10-2007, 09:48 PM
Would someone that has the city chic tell me how long the straps are? I hate a bag with short straps and but I am interested in this bag.

Thanks,
Beth

klass2
12-11-2007, 03:15 PM
Beth,
I'd love to help you out on the strap length but the bag is sitting under my tree all wrapped up.

Sorry.

katie

littlecindy
12-12-2007, 02:09 PM
I ordered one in the Columbus Circle pattern 2 weeks ago. There was a 50% off Skip Hop website code floating around, so I was able to get it for $75.

if the sale is still on, for $75, i say buy one! i am in love with the columbus circle, too.

michlyn
12-13-2007, 11:44 PM
would also love to know if the 50% off coupon is still valid. I'm very interested in this bag!

racerl1
12-14-2007, 11:21 AM
The straps are 25" total, so you get about 12" in length. I don't like short straps, but this bag hangs nicely on my shoulder.

smzapalac
01-31-2008, 05:36 PM
I purchased this exact bag when it was 50% off on the Skip Hop site. I liked it, but didn't love it like I thought I would. It was a bit big and unlike PP I really didn't like the little matching wallet on it. I would order it and see if you like it. I thought I would love it, but it just wasn't for me.

littlecindy
02-01-2008, 03:10 PM
I purchased this exact bag when it was 50% off on the Skip Hop site. I liked it, but didn't love it like I thought I would. It was a bit big and unlike PP I really didn't like the little matching wallet on it. I would order it and see if you like it. I thought I would love it, but it just wasn't for me.

are you keeping it? selling it?