PDA

View Full Version : Are my Heels not supposed to touch/rub the back of my clogs?

daisy1234
12-06-2007, 03:18 PM
Another Dansko question....I know my heel is supposed to go up and down....but my heels are touching the backs of my clogs. Is this normal? I always hear that some can stick a whole finger in the back? Is it necessary that they be that big? Mine feel like they fit....just hard to get used to...The back touching doesn't seem tight they just rub sligghtly up and down...I am wodering if that is why that plastic thingy is inteh backso that it rubs smoothly without causing a blister. Anyway...I measure exactly a nine and always wear a nine My birks are a 39....these are a 40. Sounds right...but I feel weird in these shoes....I want them to work. Today I got a new pair...my left instep is a tad tighter than the right....I think it is my foot and the left shoe in this batch is feeling right....the ohter pair the left foot shoe felt too narrow! Anyway...I hope this is it for my plethera of Dansko posts! :)

Lilysmom06
12-06-2007, 03:37 PM
My heel just touches the back of the clog, but doesn't really rub when I am walking and my heels move up and down. Does that make any sense? I can put my finger between my heel and the shoe, but it is a tight fit! If they are comfortable, then I wouldn't worry about it. But if they feel too tight, I might try the next size up, just to make sure. I wear an 8-8.5 or 39 usually, but in the Professional clogs I wear a 40. One pair fits great, the other is a little too big and I need to wear thick socks with them.

Good luck - when they fit well they are sooooo comfy!

bubbaray
12-06-2007, 04:32 PM
I called Dansko CS (1800-326-7564) and spoke with an excellent rep there named Tanya (ext. 136). She said that it depends on the person how they like them to fit. She only wears Dansko (even before she worked there) and her heels touch the back, but move freely. She told me the key is the instep area -- should be comfortably snug. You should be able to move your toes. And get into and outof the shoe without twisting your foot. All of these made sense to me. I'm an 8.5 in every shoe, with the exception of my running shoes (9, b/c my feet swell when I run) and Birks (40 narrow, b/c I hate when my toes are at the end -- Birks fit better a touch large, so your toes and your heels rest in the bottom of the footbed, not on sides of the footbed). I really think the 40, even the in the narrow, will be way too big on me.

I'm keeping my 39s and hoping for the best. I've only worn them around the house, but they are comfy like my Birks. I'm wearing mine barefoot and she said that was fine -- They will stretch a bit and be more comfortable with socks later on.

HTH

daisy1234
12-06-2007, 11:53 PM
Thanks so much for all the info!....I think I just have a bad pair of 40's...it is the instep that feels a bit snug more on my left foot. I wore then for awhile today...hoping they will work I think I will mail them back to Zappos and go pay full price at my local shop those 40's felt great...almost lik emy foot was floating....Hope not too big! The older I get the pickier I get ....lif eis too short not to wear comfy shoes! L)