PDA

View Full Version : what am i doing wrong?

scoop22
12-06-2007, 08:11 PM
i feel so silly for asking this.. but i can't think anymore. when i subscribe to a topic i only get one or two email notifications. what am i doing wrong? i just realized one of the topics now has three pages and i read maybe the two posts emailed to me. TIA!

tylersmama
12-06-2007, 08:33 PM
You won't receive any additional notifications until you visit the actual thread. So if you're reading the post in the email instead of clicking on the link that takes you to the thread, you won't get notified.

scoop22
12-06-2007, 08:54 PM
thank you. i think i did read that along the way somewhere. who knows.. maybe there is a good reason behind that but if i wanted to visit the thread then i don't need to subscribe. i will just have to see what i like. thanks for your help! it makes sense now

tylersmama
12-06-2007, 09:35 PM
I like it because if the thread is really active, your email doesn't get cluttered up with dozens of notifications. I usually don't read the email, just click the link, unless I'm in too big of a hurry to actually visit the site. Just one more thing with the new boards that will take a little getting used to! :)