PDA

View Full Version : chem lab looking snot sucker?

maestramommy
12-06-2007, 09:09 PM
tee hee! That's the only way I can describe it because I don't know the name. I vaguely remember seeing a post on it sometime back. It's a setup with a canistor and tubing so you do the sucking with your mouth, but the snot goes directly into the canistor instead of your mouth. Anyone know what I'm talking about? Anyone have it? If so, does it work well? I mean, better than the bulb?

caheinz
12-06-2007, 11:51 PM
OK, I tried "nasal aspirator" in Google and found this
http://www.nosefrida.com/sitebuilder/images/bad_hair_mom2-211x234.jpg

Does that look like what you're looking for?

http://www.nosefrida.com/

JoyNChrist
12-07-2007, 03:32 AM
I had to click on this thread just to figure out what the hell you were talking about! That title had me LOL!

chlobo
12-07-2007, 09:08 AM
I have it but haven't been able to use it yet. My DD (4) won't let me & the baby is just now getting his first cold. I offered to do my DH but he declined.

mudder17
12-07-2007, 10:33 PM
I have it but haven't been able to use it yet. My DD (4) won't let me & the baby is just now getting his first cold. I offered to do my DH but he declined.

LOL! Spoilsport!

mudder17
12-07-2007, 10:33 PM

LOL! Spoilsport!

niccig
12-07-2007, 11:49 PM
A friend has one that is electric so you are not making the suction. She said it's awesome. Her baby gets constant stuffed noses. Just another suggestion.

maestramommy
12-08-2007, 03:09 AM
A friend has one that is electric so you are not making the suction. She said it's awesome. Her baby gets constant stuffed noses. Just another suggestion.

I think I've seen it in the One Step Ahead catalog. But it seems rather spendy. OTOH, Arwyn is chronically congested, so it might be worth it. Does your friend have to use saline drops first?

kochh2
12-08-2007, 10:56 AM
OMG, my kids wouldn't let me near them with that with a 10 foot pole!! i resort to saline, breastmilk, and occasionally... time :) we call the aspirator bulb the "snucker" around here... as in- SNot sUCKER :) tee-hee