PDA

View Full Version : How do you make a diaper cake?

Kungjo
12-07-2007, 10:20 AM
Does anyone have really easy instructions on how to make a diaper cake? Need to make one for a baby shower.

Thanks!

BeachBum
12-07-2007, 04:24 PM
This is how I do it

1) Roll each diaper up and secure it shut. I leave the diaper folded like it comes out of the package. Then starting at the waistband I roll it.
I secure it shut with one of those clear hair rubberbands. You know, the "ouchless" kind. All other directions I've seen have you tie each diaper shut.

2)Get 3 bowls out of your kitchen, graduated in size. These will be your "guides" for your layers. Stand the diapers up in the biggest bowl then tie a string or small ribbon around all of them tightly. Dump them out of the bowl. Then go through and twist out the outside ones so the crack part isn't showing stick any extra diapers in to make the string tight and to even out your shape. Repeat with the other size bowl layers.
If you have someone to help you, you might not need to use the bowls to form your layers. I've always done them alone, so that is the only way I could think of to hold the diapers.
1 pack of size 1 swaddlers makes a very nice sized cake.

3) Stack the diaper layers like a layered cake.

4) Decorate however you like. I like to display my "cake" on a large silver platter. I use large wide ribbon to tie around my "securing" ribbon. I usually only do one bow, and use 2 sided tape to keep the other ribbons in place.
I usually garnish with fresh flowers. This makes a very clean unfussy look.

I've seen some people that use all sorts of baby do dads and toys to decorate, but it's just not my thing.

HTH