PDA

View Full Version : Help with party goody bags for book theme party...

kayte
12-07-2007, 11:12 AM
For my daughter's second birthday party will be a book theme. We are having a book swap instead of presents and the cake will be cupcakes making a bookworm. I having some trouble with the goody bags. I am not one that likes to put junk in there just for the sake of having some stuff in there... So far I have some book plates personalized with the children's names and maybe gummy worms, but that's it. I don't want to do a book since they will be getting one anyway. Any thoughts? TIA

deannanb
12-07-2007, 06:34 PM
book mark
- made out of felt with a little worm on it (or no worm)

top 10 favorite books of DD

hth

SnuggleBuggles
12-07-2007, 07:05 PM
At the school's book fair they had the kids make their own bookmarks. They had cut out the paper and the kids could add stickers, beads to the ribbon at the end and things like that. So, it could be a craft at the party or you could just provide the supplies in the goody bag for them to make at home later.

I'll have to think of other ideas.

Beth

mom2lm
12-07-2007, 08:27 PM
How about a flashlight for "reading in bed"? Kind of a stretch but what toddler doesn't love a flashlight? Maybe a CD with a favorite book read out loud? Or finger puppets related to stories, like fairy tale figures or certain animals? If they are two, I think anything alphabet related, like ABC magnets, flash cards, or ABC stringing beads would work since it helps learn to read. I think trader joes sells ABC cookies in a big bucket.
-Amy
mom to two girls, 1.5 and 3

Swirvin
12-10-2007, 04:57 AM
I know craft stores like Michaels and Oriental Trading sell plain canvas tote bags. You could decorate them and personalize them yourself using fabric paint or iron-on transfers. This way each of the kids can take their books and other goodies home in their very own book bag.