PDA

View Full Version : Just go to sleep!

maestramommy
12-07-2007, 05:40 PM
Or at least stay in your room! I know you are now able to climb out of the crib with full length rail, and it was has finally dawned on your that you are able to delay your nap. But if you won't stay in your bed, at least stay in your room so I can finish eating lunch before 2, and keep your hand off my room doorknob. If you don't want to nap, your baby sister does.

Just consider yourself lucky that I can't bring myself to whack your perky little bottom when you come running out with that toothy grin. Wait til I borrow your cousin's crib tent. I'll be the one grinning

mamicka
12-07-2007, 06:16 PM
I really feel your pain. Hope you get over this hurdle soon.

Allison
DS1 2003
DS2 2005
DS3 2007

julieakc
12-08-2007, 02:25 AM
Ah yes, Ryan, who as you know is developmentally delayed, so I was just sure I'd be able to keep him in his crib for a long time. But now... he started crawling (and hurting himself) out of his crib at about 26 months (he didn't walk until just before his 2nd birthday).

We quickly bought him a toddler bed which led to weeks of night time wandering until....we put a baby gate up in his doorway.

Hopefully Dora will pass through this phase quickly so you and Arwyn can get your rest.

And, from personal observation, she is awfully cute so just focus on that.

maestramommy
12-08-2007, 02:56 AM
Ah yes, Ryan, who as you know is developmentally delayed, so I was just sure I'd be able to keep him in his crib for a long time. But now... he started crawling (and hurting himself) out of his crib at about 26 months (he didn't walk until just before his 2nd birthday).

We quickly bought him a toddler bed which led to weeks of night time wandering until....we put a baby gate up in his doorway.

Hopefully Dora will pass through this phase quickly so you and Arwyn can get your rest.

And, from personal observation, she is awfully cute so just focus on that.

She IS awfully cute. This afternoon I was struggling with both frustration and trying not to laugh in her face. Everytime she came running out she had the biggest smile, giggle, and she just looked oh-so-proud of herself. I finally gave up, but refused to do anything she wanted. She finally gave up and fell asleep on the living room floor, 10 feet away from me. :rolleyes: