PDA

View Full Version : What's up with me????

Radosti
12-08-2007, 01:15 AM
My friends from Boston are coming to spend morning/part of the afternoon with us. My plan for Friday was clean/cook, make party favors for Sunday. My house has been cluttered and messy (not dirty) for way too long. It was looking like TRU with all the toys too. It started to drive me nuts. So, while DS was at daycare, we put away a huge amt of his infant toys. We finally put up his M&D easel and his M&D railroad. No reaction to either by the way. I cleaned and I cleaned papers today, but the house only looks marginally better. I did laundry, but one load is still in the dryer and one in the washer. Both are done, I just don't care anymore.

I went out in the evening to get bagels, lox and stuff to make stuffed shells for lunch. I didn't make the shells. I was exhausted, so I took a nap on the couch, but when I woke up at 10:30pm, I still had no desire to cook. So, I filled the dishwasher and ran it. Came up here to take a shower to get a jump start on tomorrow morning, but I have been sitting on the computer instead. At midnight, the clock radio went off in the nursery. DS was playing with it today and must have turned it to alarm mode. Luckily, he is still in our room in the crib, or it would have been bad.

Why am I not in bed? And since I'm up, why am I not showered? And why am I on the computer?

oneplustwo
12-08-2007, 11:29 AM
I have way too many days like that! It sounds like you are just spent. Often when a you have been in overdrive for a while (I am beginning to suspect all mommies are) and then become overtired, you just . . . can't . . . turn . . . . things . . . off. You are too tired to get much done and also too tired to go to sleep. And when you do go to sleep, you can't get a full, good night's worth.

Maybe you need a nice little break -- a day when you don't plan to do ANYTHING that smacks of work or chores, and just do something fun and relaxing.

I hope you managed to get some sleep last night and are enjoying your friends' visit! If these are truly good friends, they won't care if your house is messy; they just want to spend time with you!

kep
12-08-2007, 12:48 PM
You sound like me, exhausted but in desperate need of a break. :) Sometimes you just have to take a few minutes for yourself.

Radosti
12-08-2007, 09:59 PM
I showered and made the shells today. Althouogh no-one ate the shells as we all overloaded on bagels and lox. Yummy by the way. Need more smoked salmon....

The visit was great. They left in time for naptime and I put DS down and fell asleep with him. He was up an hour and 10 minutes later, I could have slept and slept and slept though. Oh well. It was nice to have that nap.

oneplustwo
12-08-2007, 10:41 PM
Sounds like a good day; glad to hear you snuck a nap in! :)