PDA

View Full Version : chicco caddy vs Me Too hook on high chairs

abh5e8
12-08-2007, 03:57 PM
Can anyone compare these for me? the Me Too is lots lighter (2lbs, vs 7lbs for the chicco) but i am wondering if it is harder to put on tables, like ones with an apron or lip. i am also wondering how easy each is to attach to the table and travel with? and how is the fabric...comfy and easy to wash?

any other comments greatly appreciated! i am considering using this instead of a traditional high chair as we are limited on space and/or in combo with at tripp trapp.

Thanks!

abh5e8
01-28-2008, 03:49 PM
bump...anyone?

baileygirl
01-30-2008, 01:07 PM
We have the Phil and Ted's Me Too chair and love it. We have been using it for the past 8 months with DS (14 mos) and plan to use it quite a bit longer with him. We eat out a lot and have found very few tables it doesn't work with. It didn't work with 3 tables because they were too thick and one table because the table is too wobbly (it is one of those cheap outside tables). The chair is very easy to travel with. We were in London for a week and had no problems putting the chair in our Skip Hop diaper bag and carrying it while walking several miles or using public transportation. I love that it allows him to sit up at the table and that it has the harness on it. We love it so much, that we bought one for our new nephew.

Initially I had problems getting it off a table (you untighten it the opposite way then I would have thought) which ended up making it tighter. My dh wasn't a huge fan of the screw (not exactly certain what these are called) so he had an engineer at his work replace it on ours and the one we gave as a gift. Even without that being done, we would have no hesitations in buying another one. It is definately one of our favorite baby items. I don't think I would use it as an every day high chair though. DS has no problems sitting in it at dinner and has never protested being in it. He will sit there for an hour while we are out (as long as he gets fed).

I haven't used the Chico chair, but I thought when I was reading reviews on both chairs it said the Chico one had more of a problem with tables that have a lip? I could be mistaken though.

tylersmama
01-31-2008, 01:32 AM
No experience with the Me Too, but I borrowed a friend's Chicco for a trip and it was worthless. It wouldn't work on the tables that we tried it on due to the lip. We ended up having to feed DS in his infant seat, what a pain.

Honestly, if you're limited on space and don't want a traditional high chair, I'd probably go with a good booster. My sister has the Fisher Price Healthy Care booster (we have the highchair version) and loves it. Still very portable if you want to travel with it, but a little more substantial than one of the hook-on high chairs. I have a $20 Safety 1st travel booster that I keep in the car and I love it. As a pp mentioned, the hook-on high chairs are ok for travel, but I probably wouldn't use it for everyday.

Globetrotter
01-31-2008, 04:03 AM
I had both! The Me Too was for travel, and it was just wonderful for that!! It easily fit into our diaper bag and is ultra lightweight. I'm not sure I would use it as our everyday seat, though I guess you could. Once in a while we came across tables that were too thick, but most of the time it wasn't a problem. I would always make sure the table was stable before securing it. The fabric is thin but easy to wipe.

The Chicco was a hand me down so we used it at home for some time. It served the purpose but it was bulkier so not as great for travel, especially if you are wandering around all day and have nothing but a backpack with you. It's cushier than the Me Too (well, it weighs a lot more) but I found it a little harder to clean as food would get stuck in the corners, but this is not a big deal.