PDA

View Full Version : Review: Foam sleds suck

KBecks
12-09-2007, 01:05 PM
We went sledding today and I bought 2 new foam sleds at Target (foam on top, plastic on bottom). I thought they would be great, but they sucked. Our older hard plastic sled had a crack and I thought the new sleds would be so much better (and safer) but they just did not go.

I'm going to see if Target will take them back, otherwise I'm out $40. The hard plastic sled worked great and was fast and fun. I'm going to duct tape it or replace it with a more similar model.

Just FYI in case it helps anyone else.

hellokitty
12-12-2007, 05:38 PM
Thanks for the review. The only sleds I ever used as the kid were the super cheapo plastic sheets (that automatically rolled up like a TP roll if you let go of it), and those worked ok, but of course I would like my kids to have nicer sleds than the ones I had to use as a kid, lol. I'll avoid the foam ones thanks to your review!

nupe
12-12-2007, 05:46 PM
Thanks. I had posted last week asking about sleds. I couldn't find one locally so I ended up ordering a swiss bob from Land of Nod. This item has free shipping now which makes it a great deal if indeed it is a great sled. What I like is that it is age appropriate for DS and for me!

http://www.landofnod.com/family.aspx?c=2009&f=3962&q=sled&fromLocation=Search&DIMID=400001&SearchPage=1

KBecks
12-12-2007, 05:50 PM
Wow nupe, those are interesting looking sleds.

We got our hard plastic one at an Ace Hardware 2 years ago. I agree they may be difficult to find.