PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Jones and Mrs. Jones

elizabethkott
12-09-2007, 04:45 PM
1) Dude. I hate to tell you this. You're going to have to shell out some more $$$ to deal with your chimney.
I know you think the flue is open. But I shouldn't come home from your house smelling like a campfire. I'm fairly certain that either a) the flue isn't all the way open or b) some animal has built a nest in your chimney and is blocking the majority of the smoke's exit route.

2) Again, why are you hosting a dinner party when you have no kitchen? It was really good that the other couple brought baked ziti, because I don't know how we would have eaten the paper plates. They're a little dry, I find.

3) When one is hosting a dinner party, it is generally good form to at least make an attempt to clean your house up a bit. I don't need to see your dirty underwear in a heap on the bathroom floor. Ew. Gross.

4) Yes, my son is older than your daughter. We all know this. Yes, he is considerably more mobile, and likes to try and get into things. Don't look at me like a crazy person when I remove all the appetizers from the coffee table. Unless you want your new (expensive - surprise!) couch to be fingerpainted with hummus, I'm going to move it.

5) I am also not a crazy person for thinking that it's not too early for you to get outlet covers. It's not. And I don't want my kid to get electrocuted, either! Or are you going to wait until your child is licking her fingers and sticking them in herself to babyproof your home?

denna
12-09-2007, 04:58 PM
Thanks for more news Liz, its always great to read your posts! A dinner party w/ no kitchen? That's a new one. And other guests bring all the food, hah. Im glad you moved those appetizers and yes there house should be more baby proofed.

Keep em coming!

PS love your BBB Book Club promo!

kransden
12-09-2007, 10:36 PM
I love the Joneses. I can't wait for NYE! LOL! :0

Aunt to sweet baby boy
12-10-2007, 12:14 AM
Thanks for sharing the most recent drama. The Joneses are in for a rude awakening when their daughter starts to crawl/walk, see how fast they put up those baby gates.

lizajane
12-10-2007, 09:24 AM
oh no! i just had a dinner party last week and served paper plates as the entree! i wish i had known then that this was tacky...

LarsMal
12-10-2007, 11:21 AM
Ah, the Joneses! I love reading about them. It helps me fill my daily quota of eye-rolls!