PDA

View Full Version : The Birthday party is over, it went great!!!

Radosti
12-09-2007, 05:47 PM
We booked the Little Gym for DS's 2nd birthday party. He was just there for a friend's party 3 weeks ago, so he got right into it. Despite DH's cousin calling us last night that they wouldn't be coming (with their 3 kids) due to illness, we still had a pretty decent attendance. I invited the neighbors last night and that made up a bit for being under headcount included in the booking. Some of the kids started out crying, our niece didn't like being there at all, but she's 7 months old... so not unexpected. A lot of the kids were sleeping in the cars on the way to the party, so it took them a bit to come around, but they all ended up having a blast!!!

The party was at noon, we were supposed to leave home at 11:30am in order to set up in time (just cake, snacks, all that stuff). It takes 15 minutes to get there. We went out to breakfast, then went to Costco to pick up the cake. DS fell asleep in the car at 10:50am. DH dropped me off to chop up cheese for crackers, get everything together, let dogs out, then he would swing back and we'd load up the car at 11:30am... that way DS would get a nap in the moving car (it's too early for his regular nap, so he'd wake right up otherwise). Well, 11:30am came and went, I had the whole kitchen table piled hight with sodas, water, cake, favors, snacks, cups, and everything else. No sign of DH and he's not answering the phone (reception is terrible around our house). I literally watched the clock... 11:35, 11:40, 11:45. I finally put everything into the other car and took off for the party place. DH called me when I was half way there to tell me he took a wrong turn and got hopelessly lost, but was almost at the house. I told him to meet me there. I was near tears by then thinking that all the guests would be there before us.

I got there with 3 minutes to spare, the people there helped me unload and they set everything up. DH walked in with a grumpy/sleepy DS and a couple of minutes later the guests all started coming in. Whew....

The kids had a blast and all the adults went into the gym as well and did a lot of running around with the kiddos. The workers kept the party moving and the kids loved it, so did adults. The pizza arrived at 12:35pm, and by the time the kids came out at 1pm, all the plates were set up, juice was available. All the pizza went in record time. I got 4 pies from Dominos. DS went through 2 boxes of juice, he was so thirsty. Then we did cake, and it was time to go. A perfect amt of time for a party. We got packed up and as I was paying my balance, the next party was coming in. Wow... they get to do it all over again. That requires a lot of energy.

DS is happily ripping apart presents downstairs. Although, we hid most of them, so he only got to 2 or 3 of them. We still need to write down who gave what so I can write out the thank you cards. I took pics of every kid there, so I'll include them with the thank you cards.

I am ready for a nap now.

SnuggleBuggles
12-09-2007, 05:50 PM
That sounds great- though a little stressful at the beginning! That always seems to happen to me too no matter how well prepared I think I am. Happy birthday to him!

Beth