PDA

View Full Version : Disney Cruise - what should DS wear?

dotgirl
12-09-2007, 08:29 PM
We're taking a 4-night Disney Cruise in February 08. I was looking at the dress code, and noticed that one night is "dress-up night" - jacket for men, dress or pantsuit for women. Well, DS is 4 and doesn't have a jacket! Has anyone been on the cruise with their little guy? What did you do about dress up night? I really don't want to buy him a jacket.

deenass
12-10-2007, 11:11 AM
Disney is very low key - even on dress up night - your son can wear a nice sweater (think holiday type clothes) - your husband can wear a nice sweater too if he wants.

Davids-Coco
12-10-2007, 06:55 PM
Just wear something nice. No tee shirt and not shorts. A sweater is a great idea. But you could also do a polo too if it is a warm day.

LD92599
12-11-2007, 06:56 PM
I actually just did our laundry and re-packed the suitcase. I have a few pairs of chino's for DS w/ polo's and coordinating V Neck/Sleeveless sweaters for the holidays; those will be for the evenings and then he'll wear the polo by itself w/o the sweater the following day (the best of intentions at this point!).

Laura

PS: I just googled the weather and although it's really nice in Orlando now the forecast the Wonder portion of the trip doesn't look nice at all!

dotgirl
12-14-2007, 02:29 PM
Thanks for the help! DH is bringing a jacket because we're going to eat at Palo, so he's covered, but I'm planning to have DS bring a nice polo and a nice sweater, so hopefully that will work. If not, I guess we'll just have room service that night. ;)

LD92599
12-17-2007, 01:41 PM
We ate at Palo on Saturday Night - it was great. The cruise this time definitely seemed to be less dressy; though that could be because our last 2 cruises were on QM2 so it's a different atmosphere.

I also thought the earlier dinner seating was more casual than the later on, just my observation.

For Character meet & greets i'd suggest that you or your DH get on line a little early and then the other meet there the w/ the kids - saves some time on the lines!

Also they are now doing "Lifestyle" pics which are great, esp if you know ahead of time and can plan for it...ie: everyone in matching/coordinating outfits, etc.

Also if you have any Pirate costumes, shirts, hats etc BRING IT WITH YOU! One of the nights is Pirates themed!

Have fun! We had a super week, AWESOME weather..the smoothest sailing in a really long time too..and missed all the bad weather in the NE!

Laura

KBecks
12-17-2007, 01:59 PM
I've been on cruises and I totally would not sweat what a child wears. If anything, avoid denim, but I'd dress a boy in khakis or other pants, and a collared shirt for dress up night. If you want to do a little tie for fun or something go for it, but I would not worry at all! Maybe re-use whatever you have used for your most recent dress up event or photos.

dotgirl
12-17-2007, 03:21 PM
Thanks - I'm thinking I'll bring khaki's and a polo - also a nice sweater, but he might refuse to wear it, since it's the Bahamas and might be hot.

DD is a little put out - "No tanktops at dinner!? Mother, I will simply *die* of the vapours!" .. ok, I'm exaggerating a little, but not too much.

newmomto1
12-24-2007, 04:12 PM
We're taking a 4-night Disney Cruise in February 08. I was looking at the dress code, and noticed that one night is "dress-up night" - jacket for men, dress or pantsuit for women. Well, DS is 4 and doesn't have a jacket! Has anyone been on the cruise with their little guy? What did you do about dress up night? I really don't want to buy him a jacket.

We JUST got back from our Disney Cruise last week!
My DS is almost 4. I was so stressed over how he & DD (11 mos) should dress.
But, as usual, I worried for no reason.
DS wore a blue oxford over a white t-shirt, tucked in to khaki pants. He looked cute & totally fit in!
Have FUN!!!!!!!!!!

LD92599
12-26-2007, 09:55 PM
We were on the Wonder - Thursday to Sunday, coming back 12/16 - funny if we'd been on the same voyage!

Laura

We JUST got back from our Disney Cruise last week!
My DS is almost 4. I was so stressed over how he & DD (11 mos) should dress.
But, as usual, I worried for no reason.
DS wore a blue oxford over a white t-shirt, tucked in to khaki pants. He looked cute & totally fit in!
Have FUN!!!!!!!!!!