PDA

View Full Version : Experiences with Dining at WDW

pinkmomagain
12-10-2007, 10:12 AM
We made very last minute reservations at WDW for a 4 nite stay next week. Completely surprising the kids! Anyway, I was miraculously able to get some reservations but I still have 2 dinners open with no reservations. I keep calling to try to get the restaurants I want, but they are booked. We are a party of 5, and I prefer to eat at one of the hotels on the monorail, rather than at a park. And no buffet. I was wondering if anyone has experience with just showing up at the podium a little before 5pm? Should I not even attempt it? Any advice would be great.

Gina

egoldber
12-10-2007, 10:54 AM
You really need reservations. Unless you are willing to eat VERY late, the dining plan has pretty much put an end to the days of just showing up at a restaurant at Disney.

If you're not willing to eat at a buffet, that really limits your choices. 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian is a very fun, low key character meal, but it is a buffet.

pinkmomagain
12-10-2007, 04:10 PM
Thanks so much for your reply. Buffets just shkeve (sp) me....I can tolerate breakfast....but that's about it. Maybe I'll try to open up my choices by considering dinner at one of the parks....

Gina

egoldber
12-10-2007, 05:53 PM
A nice character meal that is not a buffet is the Liberty Tree Taven in the MK. Another one of Sarah's all time favs is the SciFi Dine In Theater at MGM.

Davids-Coco
12-10-2007, 06:54 PM
I really don't think you are going to have any luck unless you can wait around for, say, four hours. You may consider either making some concessions or eating in the parks...

pinkmomagain
12-11-2007, 09:42 AM
Just wanted to say thanks to all....I was able to get all sit-down dining reservations for my stay....I just had to be more flexible in terms of location (ie. going to Downtown Disney, or eating at Epcot which I wasn't planning to visit this time).

Gina

LD92599
12-11-2007, 07:01 PM
Just wanted to say thanks to all....I was able to get all sit-down dining reservations for my stay....I just had to be more flexible in terms of location (ie. going to Downtown Disney, or eating at Epcot which I wasn't planning to visit this time).

Gina

We're here now and you're definitely ahead of the game w/ the reservations! We were at Sci Fi last night (w/ ressies) and folks walking in were told there's NO STANDBY for the entire night..nada.

Laura