PDA

View Full Version : **Updated** P&PT needed

billysmommy
12-10-2007, 11:28 AM
Thanks so much for all the prayers and good wishes. DH had his stress test and echocardiogram done before Christmas and then he met last Thursday with the cardiologist for the results. The cardio said that everything came back perfect ~ they have absolutely no idea why it happened and it may never happen again. He's been off the medicine since 12/16 (he only had to be on it for a week). The cardiologist cleared him to start running again ~ he's been about 4 times since last Thursday :)
There is a chance that it may happen again and he does have to see the cardiologist every 6 months or so for 2-3 years but other than that everything looks good ~ yay :)
Thanks again for all the support, offers to help and good wishes ~ it really means alot to both of us!!! DH couldn't believe that all these people he had never met were offering to help :)

Update: First ~ thank you all SO much for all the good wishes ~ they are working :) DH had his initial appt with the cardiologist today. He had an EKG done today and is scheduled to have his stress test tomorrow afternoon and his echocardiogram done on Friday ~ this cardio has them done in his office which is about 2 minutes from DH's office so this makes everything super easy too. The cardio said they didn't know why this happened and we probably won't. His only restriction right now is no running until we get the results from both the stress test and the echo. We meet with him 2 weeks after and at that point if the results are good he will be able to come off the medication to see how he does and may be able to resume running. DH really liked this cardio too so that is a plus
Please keep the good wishes coming, I'll update when we know more

Lori :)

DH spent Saturday night in the hospital in a-fib (atrial fibrilation). Luckily he came out of it on medication ~ the next step would have been to put him under anesthesia and "shock" his heart. What we think we're looking at is a bundle conduction defect that he has probably had his whole life but he is going in tomorrow morning for a full cardiac work-up to find out more.
He is upset because he is young, in good health and exercises regularly and it kills him to think he has to take a break from running. He is obviously going to do whatever he needs to at this point which is to take it fairly easy until we know more.
So any prayers and/or positive thoughts we could have sent our way would be wonderful ~ I've seen what the power of the BBB can do :)

Thanks so much!!!

hillview
12-10-2007, 11:30 AM
HUGS Keeping you and DH in our thoughts!
/hillary

Mamma2004
12-10-2007, 11:52 AM
Sending lots of prayers and BBB mojo your way!

Stephanie

fortato
12-10-2007, 11:53 AM
Lori-
I hope he will be ok. We are praying and hoping for the best.

If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask.
Keep us posted...

Big Hugs

brittone2
12-10-2007, 12:22 PM
sending positive thoughts your family's way.

caleymama
12-10-2007, 12:32 PM
Lori, lots of P&PT are headed your DH's way. What a scary and frustrating thing for him to deal with. I'll be hoping for good news for him. Take care of you too!

TaChapm
12-10-2007, 12:55 PM
Sending lots of P&PT your way. I hope everything turns out OK. Take care and keep us updated!

scoop22
12-10-2007, 02:57 PM
prayers and positive thoughts to you and your family!

Corie
12-10-2007, 03:22 PM
Lori,

I am so sorry to hear about your husband!! I will keep you
guys in my thoughts!!

Corie

mama2g03
12-10-2007, 03:43 PM
Sending P & PT to you and your family. I hope all goes well.

SnuggleBuggles
12-10-2007, 03:46 PM
Lori, My thoughts are with you and your family.

Beth

sidmand
12-10-2007, 03:53 PM
Hope everything works out okay. I'll keep your family in my thoughts...

JustMe
12-10-2007, 04:02 PM
Sending positive thoughts to your dh and entire family

billysmommy
12-11-2007, 08:16 PM
I updated in the first post ~ thanks so much for all the good wishes ~ keep them coming :)

oneplustwo
12-11-2007, 09:44 PM
Lori, I completely missed your post until now! I will be thinking of all of you during the whole week. Let me know if you need anything!

denna
12-11-2007, 09:48 PM
Lori,

I am so glad everything is okay. Thank you for taking the time to updates us. Keeping you all in our prayers.

billysmommy
12-14-2007, 12:23 PM
DH had his stress test on Wednesday evening and passed with flying colors :) They had him walking with the treadmill at it's highest incline and he wasn't even breaking a sweat so the tech turned it faster and told him to start running as they needed to get his heart rate to 160. After 15 minutes of running with it at the highest incline his heart rate finally reached 166.
The cardiologist came in and told him that was great. He has 3 days left of the medication to finish and then he can come off it. He was supposed to have the echocardiogram done today but they postponed it until next Tueday ~ the tech who was supposed to come in couldn't make it with the snow and they aren't as concerned anymore so said that next Tuesday was fine. The cardiologist said that if the results of the echocardiogram are fine, DH has to go back 3 weeks after that and he will probably get the okay to run again. He was so happy to get to run for the stress test. He usually runs 3-7 miles 4-5 times a week so he can't wait to start again.
So again, another thanks for all the thoughts ~ they are helping!!!!

billysmommy
01-08-2008, 08:01 PM
Another update in the first post