PDA

View Full Version : I am a bad mommy.

Bean606
12-10-2007, 12:21 PM
DS's day care does not allow children there if they have a fever of over 100. DS woke up today, and was feeling a little warm, but I have no vacation days left to take before the end of the year, and DH has a huge assignment due today and could not take off. So, I did not take his temperature, but knew he was not himself, and we went. When DH dropped him at day care, they said he felt warm, and took his temperature -- 99.8, still under the limit, but he is acting sick. We gave him some Motrin, but they said they might call us to go back and get him if the fever goes up. I really feel guilty about not going to get him right now to take him home, since I know he isn't feeling well, but I could be in hot water at work if I did so. I feel like a bad mommy, and I hate working full-time and not being able to take care of him, especially on days like today. OK, back to work.

KBecks
12-10-2007, 12:31 PM
I'm sorry you're feeling bad and I hope your little guy feels better soon. I'm sure you're not alone in dealing with this kind of thing, it's hard.

thomma
12-10-2007, 01:20 PM
First of all, you're not a bad mommy. I've been in your shoes and it sucks. I hope your day passes quickly and your son feels better soon.

Kim
ds&dd 5/03

lisams
12-10-2007, 01:21 PM
I'm so sorry you're in this crummy position. Corporate America sucks. You shouldn't have to feel like you might get in trouble because you have to take care of your sick child. I hope your little one is feeling better and that if you do need to take some time off your boss will be an understanding human being about it.

scoop22
12-10-2007, 03:09 PM
i have felt this way several times. i am lucky and ds goes to a ladies house. she is pretty good about letting ds come with a slight fever or sickness. but i still feel horrible about leaving him there. i hope your day goes fast and you have ds in your arms to cuddle tonight.

Clarity
12-10-2007, 03:54 PM
((HUG)) You're not a bad mommy, we just have a bad system. One should never get in "trouble" for needing to care for their child.
I had to leave my dd at daycare last week when I knew I shouldn't have - she had diarreah the day before and 24hrs hadn't passed. We ended up picking her up early. *sigh* She'd made quite the mess.

firsttimemommy
12-10-2007, 05:22 PM
I've been there too - and I totally feel your pain. I almost got written up for missing so many days last year and even had parents say to me "you miss too much work". I always replied "my family comes first and I have a 2 and 3 year old in daycare or the first time so they are catching it all" but I know a lot of people still thought negatively of me.

And that was all on top of the guilt I had too for the few days I did the EXACT same thing you did today. It does suck and you are not alone. Hugs and just think the day is almost over - go home and cuddle with your little one :)

elephantmeg
12-10-2007, 06:06 PM
I've felt that way so many times. I probably am a bad mommy because I sent DS to the babysitter's house even after I knew her son was sick (I stayed home with him one day-but didn't feel like I could any more) and he did get sick. Oh well.... Hope your son feels better soon!

Bean606
12-10-2007, 06:24 PM
Quittin' time - going to see the little guy. He apparently was a trooper and made it through the day.