PDA

View Full Version : My House Is A Complete Wreck And I Have No Motivation!

randomkid
12-10-2007, 02:54 PM
I've been working more lately, so the house has been a little (ok, a lot) neglected. Saturday, we took DD to Sea World and had a great day. DH was supposed to help me clean the house yesterday, but we got behind when we went to buy a Christmas tree. We dropped DD at my parents around 10:30 and they were keeping her all day so we could get things done here. But, by the time we got home and ate lunch, it was almost 2:00. I had to pick up DD at 4:00.

I went to get her and DH moved all the rugs and stuff to sweep. It was too late for me to mop, so I just left it. I did mop today, but now I don't feel like putting everything back, there are toys everywhere, the kitchen's a mess (again) I need to dust and clean the guest bedroom. Oh yeah, did I forget to mention that FIL is coming for Christmas to stay for, what is it? 18 DAYS!!! :52:

I do love these new smilies, though.

BTW, haven't even started Christmas shopping!

scoop22
12-10-2007, 03:05 PM
you should see my house! it is a disaster as well. i guess i keep thinking someone will clean it. ha ha. there is only so much time in a day. i do what i need to and try and enjoy ds. i don't mind the toys everywhere i might the kitchen and bathrooms.. i hope things settle down for you! things will get done. if FIL doesn't like the way your house looks he can help you clean it.

randomkid
12-10-2007, 03:52 PM
As DH says. my FIL wouldn't notice if the house was on fire. However, all the clutter and dust drives me nuts! The cleaning is more for me and it's even more important to me when we are having company stay with us. My parents are both very organized and my Dad is always cleaning. I just grew up in a clean, tidy house and my goal is to emulate my parents. Seems if I hadn't done it by my age, it will likely never happen.

I am like you - I will spend time with DD instead of cleaning. Hence the reason the house is still a mess. We played outside this am - on the swing, the slide and in the sandbox!

elephantmeg
12-10-2007, 06:08 PM
yeah, we did some cleaning this weekend but still haven't put the tree up. Sigh. Still need to do the bathrooms but after wrestling DS getting pics done I took a nap instead. Maybe tonight... yeah right! And Christmas shopping? Yeah right there too!

ellies mom
12-10-2007, 06:13 PM
My house is a complete mess and will be until Thursday at the earliest. I've had a headache for the past three days and my A&P final on Wednesday that I need to study for and I child that I still need to parent. A clean house is very far down the list at the moment. Sure I feel bad but there is only so much I can do.