PDA

View Full Version : Avery Truitt!

JoyNChrist
12-10-2007, 06:20 PM
If you bite Mommy on the nipple one more time, we are done! D-O-N-E DONE! As in, no more booby for you. EVER! It's over. Finished. Finito. We. Are. Done.

I don't care how good breastfeeding is for you. Yep, that's right, I said it - I. Don't. Care. I don't care how much formula costs, or even if you don't like it.

You haven't responded to any of the multiple recommended techniques I've tried to make you stop biting. And you have four teeth now (two top, two bottom, right in the front), and they HURT! They really, really hurt. Last night, you made me cry it hurt so bad. And even though you're really cute and I love you very much, I honestly wanted to put you to bed hungry, just because you really pissed me off (but I didn't, because I'd like to believe that I'm a good mom).

So this is my ultimatum. One more time, and we're finished. I mean it!

Love,
Your Mommy (who really does love you very much...it's just that her boobies don't!)

missym
12-10-2007, 07:16 PM
Stacy, I'm so sorry you're going through this. I don't suppose a firm "NO!" followed by putting him on the floor and walking away would work? That's what it took to get through to our stubborn Becca.

You have my sympathy!

Wife_and_mommy
12-10-2007, 08:35 PM
You have my sympathies as well. I know it's hard and hurts!

elephantmeg
12-10-2007, 09:13 PM
I've been there too. Luckily DS didn't get teeth til a year and I will admit I weaned him-2 weeks after his 1st b-day (he didn't want to nurse at all, just bite!). I'm SO SORRY! OUCHIE is right

Marisa6826
12-10-2007, 10:48 PM
I remember that so clearly. Mia bit me, I screamed. She NEVER latched again. Done deal. 5m old. *sigh*

-m

LarsMal
12-10-2007, 11:11 PM
Ow, ow, ow! I don't miss those days at all!!!! DD pulled that around 7 months, we were done BF at 8 months- and she didn't even have any teeth!! The gummy pinching was enough for me to say ENOUGH!

Good luck!

elizabethkott
12-10-2007, 11:15 PM
Oh. NO. :(
J-man did that to me too... no more boobie for him! Not because of the biting, but because he weaned himself... but owie owie OWIE!!!!! Tell your nips I'm sorry! :)

bubbaray
12-11-2007, 12:16 AM
ouwieeeee it hurts, huh?

Have you tried holding his face into your breast? That worked for DD#1 but not for DD#2.

What about quickly releasing the bite/latch and putting him in the crib and walking away for a few minutes (to go cry...). I've done that a few times with DD#2 and it seems to have worked (fingers crossed).

I also find that DD#2 bites me once with each new set of teeth (she's got 8 teeth now, 4 top and 4 bottom and they always come in pairs). Lets just say I'm a bit more liberal with the tylenol when I know she has teeth coming....

lisams
12-11-2007, 12:50 AM
Hope you're listening up little man, mama means business! Don't bite the nipple that feeds you!

kep
12-11-2007, 02:05 AM
You know, they eventually stop biting if you stick with it. Yes, it hurts, but it's only temporary. My first was a biter, but somehow we made it to 3 years. Weaning isn't the only option. Usually removing them from the breast immediately after the bite, every time, is enough to get the message across. (You can try either pressing their face into the breast to get them to release, or just breaking the suction by inserting a finger into the side of their mouth.

I know it sucks, but hang in there. Nursing becomes SO important when they become toddlers. :)

HHCs Mom
12-23-2007, 11:05 PM
DS2 has started gumming me but fortunately he doesn't have teeth yet. He's 7 mos old. I just firmly say, "NO!" and he looks at me like I've lost my mind and quits. Really, he does it when he's finished nursing and is just "playing" with my nipple in his mouth. I just end the session and that's it.

DS1 did the same thing and I used the same technique.