PDA

View Full Version : Sport wash?

MarisaSF
12-11-2007, 12:49 AM
I recently washed some of DH's workout clothing with Sport Wash and was amazed at hor the clothes came out odorless. Thought I'd try it on our CDs as I'd heard of others washing CDs with SW.

Since then, I've had two issues and I'm wondering if they are coincidental or due to the SW:

1) DS wore two BGs double-stuffed with microfiber to bed the first night. They both leaked horribly. Could the SW have made the dipes and inserts wick and not absorb?

2) DS woke up with a red rash today. He never has rashes. Do I blame the SW?

Gaaaah!!! If the SW is to blame for either or both, how do I get it out of the diapers? I already ran them through the wash once. I'm just hoping DS's rash goes away. :31:

american_mama
12-13-2007, 01:35 AM
Yeah, I think the Sport Wash isn't working in your household. How long have you been using it? Even though it seemed to rinse clean (few bubbles in second rinse), I think it does build up, contrary to its claims and reputation. Isn't it vegetable-soap based, the same as the Ecover and similar soaps that also build up?

I used two whole bottles of it over a long period of time, so it didn't cause obvious problems for me, but I don't think I would buy it again. Eventually, my diapers had a pretty big stink problem and I think I either wasn't using enough detergent or a powerful enough one. I'm going to use Tide or similar detergent in the future, and I'm going to use about half or more to the 1 line, rather than the 1/4 or so I was using before.

I would try stripping the diapers. I would wash diapers as normal, then before any additional rinses, add a few squirts of liquid dishsoap, any brand, and run rinses until there are no more suds. For the two times I have done this, I think this has usually been 3 or 4 rinses. The three or so times I have tried it without the dishsoap, I've run 7 or 8 rinses and still sometimes had suds. Hot rinses are supposed to be better than cold, but it has not made a difference for me.

MarisaSF
12-13-2007, 04:24 PM
Thank you, Karen!
I am just seeing your reply now, but I went online and asked my local CD retailer after I posted. I read horrible accounts of bleeding sores and bleeding penises. :47: I didn't want little dude to get to that point. I had washed his diapers, but after seeing those stories, I ran every diaper in an extra-hot stripping wash. I can deal with stink, but not bloody sores! Poor little bum! It's looking all better now, thank goodness!

I think I will be giving our bottle away. :( Sad because it did work really well on DH's workout clothing. Grrrr.

american_mama
12-15-2007, 03:12 AM
Keep it for the workout clothes, maybe stinky towels, washcloths, or dishcloths. Hmm, wonder if he could rinse the stink out of the strong stinks in my yucky washcloths or dishcloths? Never tried that.