PDA

View Full Version : XPOST: Which My First LeapPad Books do you like/don't like?

ilovetivo
12-11-2007, 10:14 AM
I didn't get any responses and want to take advantage of the sale and get dd My First LeapPad Books. Thanks! http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=130052

daniele_ut
12-11-2007, 12:27 PM
DS's favorites are the Wiggles, Here come the ABCs, and the Dr. Suess one. We also have the Cars one, but he is surprisingly not as fond of it. Cars are his favorite toy in general, though.

ilovetivo
12-11-2007, 09:38 PM
thanks so much!

ilovetivo
12-11-2007, 09:39 PM
oh, which Dr Seuss one? There's 2 I think

s7714
12-12-2007, 06:49 PM
I think my DDs play with all of the books we have at some point or another, but I'd have to say Dora the Explorer, the Disney Princess Enchanted Counting and Leap's Big Day (which came with the unit) are the three most played with. Leap's Big Day gets the most playtime by far. Thomas the Train goes through phases of popularity as well. We also have Dr. Seuss Wocket in my Pocket--my older DD will play with that once in a while, but not often.

I bought the Cars game on clearance recently so DD1 is getting that for Christmas. I'd definitely grab any of the other Leap themed ones (Leap goes to School, etc.) in an instant since my DDs both really like him, but most of my B&M stores never have those in stock. I think I'll go check to see if there are any of those on sale in the link you posted!

ETA: Holy cow those are good prices! Thanks for the link!

ilovetivo
12-12-2007, 06:56 PM
Thanks so much!

I've narrowed it down to these, but still deciding. Any other thoughts on these? Thanks!!

Maybe:
Ratatouille
My First Day of School / What Will I Be?
Bear in the Big Blue House - Tutter's Tiny Trip

Yes:
Thomas and the School Trip
Two Princess Tales
Vroom! Vroom! On the Go
Dr. Seuss There's a Wocket in My Pocket
Dora The Explorer To the Rescue

s7714
12-12-2007, 07:21 PM
Thanks so much!

I've narrowed it down to these, but still deciding. Any other thoughts on these? Thanks!!

I just bought My First Day of School, Two Princess Tales, Leap to the Moon, Vroom! On the Go!, and Bear in the Big Blue House.

I thought about getting Ratatouille, but my girls haven't seen the movie yet so I'm gonna hold off on it. If your DD liked the movie I'd go for it. I'm taking a chance on the Bear one; my DDs have only seen that show once, but I needed one more to spave my way to the $5 off $20 coupon!

OT, but did you end up with a VHS video in your cart too? No matter what I did I ended up with Code Word Caper on VHS in my cart. It showed up as $0.00 and couldn't be deleted. I'm wondering if it was a freebie or an error.

ilovetivo
12-12-2007, 08:36 PM
With Disney Princess Enchanted Counting, is it a must have? I'm not sure how much math is in there. Or if the "wicked/evil step family" is too much.

Dd didn't see Ratatouille yet, but my friend said it was cute. My friend's dd really loves the Bear one, but they only had 3 books.

When I was playing around w/ the ordering, but didn't officially, the VHS was in there too. I guess its a bonus.

Do you feel there's a limit to the amount of books they should have/would use?

Thanks!

s7714
12-13-2007, 01:19 AM
With Disney Princess Enchanted Counting, is it a must have? I'm not sure how much math is in there. Or if the "wicked/evil step family" is too much.

The Enchanted Counting actually covers a lot more stuff than I expected. IMO counting isn't really it's main lesson. It has a lot of shape games and tracing games. The Cinderella side doesn't even mention her step mom/sisters except on one page if I remember right. Ariel's side does have a couple pages with Ursula involved, including one where Ariel and Prince Eric "race" to defeat her. My DDs aren't big fans of the Little Mermaid, so it's been a while since I've heard the audio for the Ariel side though!

As for a limit on books? LOL, I have no idea! I just like to keep new games on hand for road trips/appointments/sick days so the girls have a new book to play through. I think they're kind of like video games in that eventually the content will get a little old, but I've noticed my older DD will pick them back up and play with different sections as her reading/writing skills improve. Some of the things she just goofed around with before are now making more sense to her as a playable game.

HTH!

ilovetivo
12-13-2007, 05:39 PM
thx!

do any of you think the backpack is necessary to keep the cartridges and books together?

s7714
12-13-2007, 05:58 PM
thx!

do any of you think the backpack is necessary to keep the cartridges and books together?

I bought one of the backpacks when they were on sale for like $3 on Amazon a while back. They are nice to keep all the stuff contained in one place, but I have noticed my DDs play with the LeapPad less at home when it's kept in the bag because it's not sitting right out where they see it (and thus want to pick it up to play). If you have room on a bookshelf or someplace to put the little plastic book/cartridge holders and unit, then you can always just do that. We didn't have a designated place for those, so they were constantly getting separated and scattered around the house. If you're planning on traveling with it, I think the backpack is a good idea though, because it keeps all the LeapPad stuff from getting mixed up with the other toys.