PDA

View Full Version : Lamb Theme Ideas

sharonjoy
12-11-2007, 11:36 AM
Does anyone have any good links for lamb themed baby bedding? I found Sweet Vanilla from Martex, but it's a cotton poly blend, and I read that I should look for cotton only. Does anyone have experience with the baby Martex blends?

Thanks for the help!

sj

momtoonegirl
12-11-2007, 01:48 PM
I have the Sweet Vanilla Bedding Set from Baby Martex, in addition to the lampshade, decorative pillows, and wall hangings. I bought them because I was going with a neutral color scheme because we did not know beforehand if we were having a boy or girl (we ended up with a girl :) )

Since DD was born, her room is primarily the neutral beige/ivory of the sweet vanilla, with pink accents (pink and ivory wooden name letters for the wall, pink and ivory waste basket, etc.), which I found works well for us. I would have done light blue accents if she were a boy.

Overall, I really like the way that the set looks fully assembled. The bumper pad is quite thick, so we removed it before putting the baby to sleep. Same with the blanket. Now that she is 22 months, we still use the crib skirt and a variety of crib sheets without having to worry about clashing with the bedding, since it pretty much goes with everything.

I just looked at the fitted sheet that comes with the set, and it is 100% cotton. We also use sheets from Pottery Barn Kids, and Carters that were given to us.

HTH!

sharonjoy
12-11-2007, 02:56 PM
Thank you so much! I wanted a neutral room, as well, so the Sweet Vanilla set has been the most perfect match for what I wanted. I like the idea of having the ability to add color where I want it and use sheets from different companies without the worry of a clashing color lot. I loved the little lamb rocker the JCPenney site had with the set. Too cute.

Do you have any pics of your nursery?

Thanks, again!