PDA

View Full Version : Costco screwed up our Christmas Cards!

julieakc
12-11-2007, 01:31 PM
Last week I ordered our Christmas Photo Cards via Costco's website. I've been so busy running around that it wasn't until last night that I finally sent DH to pick them up (because I was out of the area all day).

They rotated the picture so the picture is the complete opposite way from the "card' part! What idiot started printing them and thought that was what we wanted?!

And no it was not my screw up - I always check and double-check that stuff and the preview when I submitted the order was perfect.

So now I get to go to Costco today and try to get that straigthened out. Ugh!

KBecks
12-11-2007, 02:11 PM
You should be able to return them. But it's still a PITA to go to the store, espeically during the holidays. I got a refund no problem when I was unhappy with Kodak's color quality on some cards.

katydid1971
12-11-2007, 02:36 PM
When DS was born I had them print up his birth anouncement pics. I put my sd card from my camera into the costco reader and even though I saw my picture crystal clear on the screen it printed out like a colorful bar code, all lines. The reader even scrambled my card. I won't use their card reader anymore because I think it got a virus from someone else's card. They did refund for the pictures and I was able to ge the picture redone via the internet but it was still a huge PIA!!! I hope it works out ok. Now you have me worried. I have cards that I am going to be picking up tomorrow. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

ellies mom
12-11-2007, 03:54 PM
When DS was born I had them print up his birth anouncement pics. I put my sd card from my camera into the costco reader and even though I saw my picture crystal clear on the screen it printed out like a colorful bar code, all lines. The reader even scrambled my card. I won't use their card reader anymore because I think it got a virus from someone else's card. They did refund for the pictures and I was able to ge the picture redone via the internet but it was still a huge PIA!!! I hope it works out ok. Now you have me worried. I have cards that I am going to be picking up tomorrow. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Was your card an Olympus card? I've had more problems with their cards doing that same thing. At first I though it was because I told my computer to erase the card, but then it happened to a second card just trying open it on my computer. And the third time (different type of memory), it was still in the camera when it stopped writing to the card. That was a free extra card that came with DH's camera, I had stopped buying them by that time. I've never had it happen with any other brand. And it is really annoying if you have an Olympus camera because there are certain features you can't use if you don't have an olympus card.

tylersmama
12-11-2007, 06:03 PM
It is a hassle, but I bet you don't have any problems at all returning them. I accidentally ordered glossy prints instead of lustre one time, so I reordered them immediately in lustre. When I went in to pick them up, I mentioned that I goofed on the one order (just to explain why there were two orders, not trying to get out of anything, I was fully expecting to pay for both orders). The guy tossed the goofed up order in the trash and said don't worry about it! Since this was their fault, not yours, I bet they don't give you even the slightest bit of a hard time about it.

julieakc
12-11-2007, 07:49 PM
Just got back from Costco - it wasn't an issue to get my $ back, but now I have to re-order them and then make another trip to the madhouse that is Costco to pick them up, and hope that they'll be right.

When I showed them to the guy who was there he said "yea I saw those" - not sure if that meant he was the one printing them or not but I just don't see how him, or anyone could really think that I wanted 150 cards with DS turned the opposite way of the words!!! The lady who came over to help said that we never know how people want them. Ok, I get that, but seriously this is a pretty obvious problem. The lady did also indicate that there's been problems with the online portion the last couple of days (wish I would have remembered that it was actually closer to a week ago that I placed the order; late Wed. night).

So now I'm debating whether to try again with Costco, where we found a template we really liked that really suited our chosen picture and is an awesome price, or to look around at other more expensive on-line places (I've used both shutterfly and snapfish for our cards before without problems) where I'll have to wait longer to get them and could still have the problem (since Costco's online is actually through snapfish).

I'm also mad that DH didn't look at the pictures before paying for them and bringing them home!

ellies mom
12-11-2007, 11:15 PM
So now I'm debating whether to try again with Costco, where we found a template we really liked that really suited our chosen picture and is an awesome price, or to look around at other more expensive on-line places (I've used both shutterfly and snapfish for our cards before without problems) where I'll have to wait longer to get them and could still have the problem (since Costco's online is actually through snapfish).

Do you have to use the online service or can you set up the card at the computer in the store? I hate using the online part so I always go into the store and use their system. I either do my Costco shopping while waiting or go elsewhere.