PDA

View Full Version : Is albeebaby a good place to order a seat?

boolady
12-12-2007, 04:00 PM
I'm about to take the plunge on a Marathon. I have few questions for the expert mamas on here, from whom I've learned so much by reading your posts.

First question:On albeebaby, the 2007 Marathon Brownstone is $229.00 plus free shipping. Is this a reputable place to order from, and if so, is this a good price? It seems to be, based on my research, but I'm not positive. I don't want to get taken, given the price.

Second question: My initial thought was to get the Evenflo Triumph Advance, based on what I've read here, but now I'm thinking Marathon. Is it truly worth it, safety-wise? I am not trying to nickel and dime DD's safety...I just want what's best for her. She's 14 months next week, and was 22 lbs. and 31 1/2 inches at her 12 month checkup. (You can see why I've got to get her out of the SafeSeat).

Any input will be GREATLY appreciated! TIA!

tjham
12-12-2007, 05:47 PM
I have ordered and received 5 seats from Albeebaby and have been pleased with all of them and with the time it took to get them! I would highly recommend them. That is a good price on a Marathon. I have two and love them!

You say she is 22 lbs. Your Safeseat goes to 30 lbs. Is she outgrowing it by height? (Top of head one inch from top of shell?)

nupe
12-12-2007, 06:08 PM
I ordered a britax from them. No prbs, quick shipping.

Joolsplus2
12-12-2007, 06:14 PM
I have ordered and received 5 seats from Albeebaby and have been pleased with all of them and with the time it took to get them! I would highly recommend them. That is a good price on a Marathon. I have two and love them!

You say she is 22 lbs. Your Safeseat goes to 30 lbs. Is she outgrowing it by height? (Top of head one inch from top of shell?)

Oh, yeah, the listed limit on the SS1 is 32 inches. It's really just a guideline, my dd fit in it till about 34 inches tall, her head still at least an inch under the top of the seatback (that's the main measurement to check for, that the head is contained in the seatback, no worries about listed limits)

boolady
12-13-2007, 10:34 AM
Oh, yeah, the listed limit on the SS1 is 32 inches. It's really just a guideline, my dd fit in it till about 34 inches tall, her head still at least an inch under the top of the seatback (that's the main measurement to check for, that the head is contained in the seatback, no worries about listed limits)

I have been watching (based on reading this forum :) how close her head is coming to the top, and she's got about an inch left. That's why I thought maybe I should order now...otherwise, we've been very very happy with the SafeSeat. Thanks for your help!

elektra
12-13-2007, 01:20 PM
I ordered a car seat from albee and they ended up sending me the wrong seat (different print). As I remember it, when I called to ask them to send the correct seat, the customer service was good and they sent the new correct one fairly quickly. I think they shipped it right after my call and they didn't even wait for the new seat to get back to them or anything. I can't remember all of the details but I think they even arranged it with UPS to pick up the wrong seat from my front door, I really didn't have to do much myself.
So even though they goofed on the seat, I feel that the customer service made up for the mistake and I would buy from them again.

boolady
12-13-2007, 02:33 PM
I ordered a car seat from albee and they ended up sending me the wrong seat (different print). As I remember it, when I called to ask them to send the correct seat, the customer service was good and they sent the new correct one fairly quickly. I think they shipped it right after my call and they didn't even wait for the new seat to get back to them or anything. I can't remember all of the details but I think they even arranged it with UPS to pick up the wrong seat from my front door, I really didn't have to do much myself.
So even though they goofed on the seat, I feel that the customer service made up for the mistake and I would buy from them again.

This is good to know!

tylersmama
12-13-2007, 07:03 PM
I ordered DS's Blvd from them last December and was very pleased with them. I ordered it while we were out of town because I was afraid to miss out on the great deal on the pattern I wanted, and I asked them in the notes to hold off on shipping it until after Christmas. They did exactly as I asked, shipping it on 12/26. Great service, great price!

maestramommy
12-13-2007, 07:21 PM
We got Dora's Roundabout from Albeebaby, and it was a good experience. The seat arrived pretty quickly with no problems. As for the MA, I've been looking at their prices too, and I think $229 is okay, but I'm waiting for a better deal, either there, or maybe somewhere else. OTOH, if you need it NOW, it's not bad.

Joolsplus2
12-14-2007, 07:52 AM
The cheaper they get, the more likely they are to be old. Sometimes that 209$ MA will be brand new, sometimes it'll be pushing 2 years old... just make sure you don't need a seat for the full six years (they expire after six years).

:)

ajb524
12-14-2007, 10:07 AM
I ordered a Marathon & Roundabout from there and had no problems at all. I ordered the Marathon in Feb this year and the DOM was July 06.

LarsMal
12-14-2007, 10:39 AM
I recently ordered DS's Marathon from albeebaby on the rec of a mama here. I got a great price, free shipping, and it came very quickly. I had never heard of albeebaby, so I was a little unsure at first. I was very happy with my experience!

tjham
12-14-2007, 05:16 PM
My $209 Erin Marathon was bought in July 2007 and had a 4-26-07 DOM!

tylersmama
12-14-2007, 07:57 PM
I can top that, my Blvd that I ordered right before Christmas last year had a DOM of 12/5/06. :)

rgors
12-15-2007, 12:09 PM
My keyfit, ordered from albeebaby in Jan 2007, came with a DOM for August 2005 ! :(

I didn't complain because it was a clearance fabric. I believe I could have returned it (with restocking/shipping cost on my end) but that would have negated the clearance price aspect of it. I was annoyed though that (A) I didn't think to ask about the DOM before purchase and (B) it seems like they should have disclaimered the age of the seat somehow in advance. Is a deal really a good deal when you're losing some usage of the seat?

We want three kids and I felt I had a reasonable shot at using one infant seat for all three. Now we'll definitely need to buy another seat if we have a third... no way I can have two children in the next 3 years, at least not intentionally! I can just see explaining to DC3 "you see, you're all so close together in age because Mommy had this car seat that was set to expire and she wanted to be sure that you could use it because otherwise, I mean, she'd have to buy a whole 'nother infant carseat..."