PDA

View Full Version : Little people dollhouse v. My First Dollhouse

fivi2
12-12-2007, 05:13 PM
So based on old threads I decided to buy the FP My First Dollhouse for my girls' second birthday and save a bigger dollhouse for later. I thought I had told all the relatives that the dollhouse was done.

Well, I get an e-mail from my dad telling me he had bought the Little People dollhouse. Assuming I only want to keep one - which should I keep? (He won't care if I return his).

Thanks!

ETA: I see now there is more than one LP Dollhouse. I have no clue which one he bought... Does that figure into the decision?

Thanks!

new_mommy25
12-12-2007, 07:07 PM
I would buy the FP My First doll house. I think it has more longevity and the add on accesories are fun. Plus the figures are posable. My DD loves the doll house and plays with it everyday. We don't have the LP doll house but we have a few other LP sets and they are rarely played with.

Neatfreak
12-12-2007, 09:31 PM
I agree. We only have the LP one, and I regret that I didn't purchase the My First Dollhouse instead. But I didn't know it existed at the time!

aidansmommy
12-12-2007, 10:26 PM
I bought dd who turned 1 y.o. last weekend the Little People Dollhouse and planned on giving it to her for Christmas. Is the My First Dollhouse appropriate for a one year old? I'm wondering if I should exchange the one I have?

Neatfreak
12-13-2007, 12:06 AM
I think that the Little People one is a great choice for a one year old!

I have some unwrapped My First Dollhouse sets that are going to my niece for Christmas, and I checked their packaging. The age suggestion is 2 years, and there are some very tiny pieces.

aidansmommy
12-13-2007, 12:18 AM
I'm glad to hear that, I really didn't want to hunt for my receipt and take the one I have back to the store! :)

sarahsthreads
12-13-2007, 01:30 PM
DD got the LP dollhouse as a gift for her second birthday, and we're replacing it with a wooden dollhouse this Christmas. If she had gotten the My First Dollhouse (I don't think it existed at the time) I would probably have waited another year or skipped the wooden one altogether. She's just really outgrown the play possibilities of the LP one at this point (3 years old plus a couple of months). When she does play with it she mostly uses her Calico Critter family in it because she can pose them.

Sarah :)