PDA

View Full Version : traveling with 4 1/2 year old..overreacting over carseat

audra_kathleen
12-12-2007, 07:03 PM
Am I over reacting about whether to bring our decathlon to Park City from LA to use in the rental car from the airport to the hotel? My husband said we should just rent a booster as we are renting a carseat for my 2 year old whom is only 22 lbs. But I have pushed so hard not to have him in a booster. My husband said it would be such a nuisance to travel with the decathlon and that it would be easier if we just purchased or rented a booster. my son is around 42-44 lbs and 42 inches tall. SHould i just get over my hard headed convictions and put him in a booster? just thought I would ask for opinions and advice...thank you!!!

Percycat
12-19-2007, 05:54 PM
Do you have a need for another car seat? If so, we use a safeguardgo booster seat as our car seat for my 5 year old, 42 inch 40 lb son. It has a 5 point harness, weighs, 7 lbs, and collaspses into a carrying bag about the size of a city phone book. The seat requires the automobile to have a teather attachment, but I expect most major brand rental cars have vehicles that comply with this safety requirement.

http://www.safeguardseat.com/go/index.htm

erosenst
12-19-2007, 07:21 PM
We just bought a Safeguard Go for exactly that reason. And it will also be useful for when we're in others' cars, etc. I got it on ebay (new in box) for far less than I could find it anywhere else ($143 with shipping). The kicker was that this was about the same price as renting a car seat for our 10 day trip to Florida - but we'll have it to use for the next few years. (She's almost 4, but only 34 pounds and 38 inches...)

HTH -

Emily

audra_kathleen
01-09-2008, 05:53 PM
Thank you so much for the ideas.. Has anyone ever heard of the safe traffic rider vest? SOrry to respond so late, we had computer problems for the longest time. Sincerely, Audra