PDA

View Full Version : Must see at Epcot?

KrystalS
12-12-2007, 07:49 PM
We're only planning to do one day at Epcot so I want to know what is must see with a 4 yr old. DH and I aren't really interested in touring the different "countries" or however they categorize it. We hadn't even planned to go to Epcot but we had an extra day and several ppl have told me their preschoolers loved Epcot.

Davids-Coco
12-12-2007, 08:28 PM
With a 4 year old, I would say:

-The Seas with Nemo and Friends
---especially Turtle Talk with Crush
-Journey into Imagination
-Honey I shrunk the Audience (if she can sit for 20 min or so)
-Soaring (If tall enough)
-Test Track (If tall enough and likes rides)
-Japan's Candy lady. She makes these cool candy animals... worth catching if you can.
-Our fav thing is to just wander around.

dotgirl
12-12-2007, 08:36 PM
When we were there in 2005, DS was about 15 months old, and he loved "Imagination" and "Spaceship Earth", which is the ride through the big ball at Epcot.

bnme
12-12-2007, 09:39 PM
IMO if you aren't doing the countries EPCOT is not worth it for a 4yo.

We did Crush Turtle talk (very cute) and the Nemo attraction and DS's loved them. We also could have done Test Track & Soarin, which the older one was tall enough for and would have loved, but the waits were to long & we had a dinner reservation.

The countries are fun & more relaxing then the over-stimulationof the parks. You don't have to do all the touring/educational movies to enjoy. Just browsing the shops is nice & seeing how cool it looks. My 4yo loved the Kidcot stops at each country (coloring project). He was determined to hit every country and rushing us along. Oh, & Norway and Mexico have boat-type rides (not ones where you get wet).

Do you have any 'free' days planned?

KrystalS
12-13-2007, 12:42 AM
Thanks for the replies. We are doing 2 free days, one of which we thought we might try Epcot. I thought we could do it later in the afternoon-evening, that way its at least one day we aren't getting up early. Our other free day we plan to go to Downtown Disney. One main reason I thought we should go to Epcot is because DD loves Nemo so we wanted to do at least that show. DD is tall enough for the Test Track and Soarin so we will check those rides out too. I may be wrong but I think we will get bored just sitting at the hotel. I know we'll be tired but I think if we sleep in a couple of days we'll be fine.

Davids-Coco
12-13-2007, 12:57 AM
A little soaring hint... If you aren't going to be there long, wear flip flops. They make you take them off for the ride. So, you get the wind through your feet... its a totally different experience and so much fun.

klwa
12-14-2007, 07:44 AM
If you haven't done it already, you can order customized maps from Disney. When you get ready to order, they'll ask if you would like to add a "toddler path" or "fairytale path". Add both to the Epcot map & see where THEY recommend for young kids. I ordered mine about 2 weeks ago & just got them in yesterday.

Corie
12-16-2007, 10:38 PM
We just got back from Disney and my kids LOVED the kidcot
spots in each country. We got my daughter an Epcot Passport
too which she really enjoyed.

You would be surprised at the characters hiding back in the
countries.
My kids were excited to see Koda & Kenai (Brother Bear) in
Canada. It was a very remote place that we would have never
found if we weren't wondering around the countries.

Momof3Labs
12-17-2007, 12:02 AM
We just got back yesterday, and on our last day, my 5yo requested that we go back to Epcot. He loved Mission Space, Test Track and Soarin (all have height minimums, though). My 21mo DS loved the Nemo ride, the Mexico boat ride, and the Norway boat ride. Both loved Spaceship Earth (it is closed at the moment, but we got on for a sneak preview). I love wandering the countries, especially in the evening - it is so relaxing and the architecture is gorgeous. My 5yo loved the Kidcot stations and the build-a-robot at Innoventions. We saw the characters at Innoventions (Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Chip & Dale and Goofy) by standing in just one line. And a meal at Garden Grill gives some of the best character interaction in the park, IMO. The food is good too!

If you plan to go later in the day, you may have problems getting on Soarin without a long (hour-ish or more) wait. Test Track can develop long lines, too, and both of these rides tend to run out of fast passes later in the day.

Oh, yeah, and School Bread at Norway, my new favorite Disney treat... Mmmm...